ST3 Trial Class in NASA Northeast is a GO !!!!

philstireservice

There is no need for an AWD Challenge series. The AWD's can run in SU, ST, STR, and PT, and some of them can run in GTS. Most of the fast Time Attack cars are SU cars, and others are ST1 or ST2. However, you might have noticed that most of them do not get raced. They are "show cars"---Flame suit on .

Good point.

Flame or not --> that is true!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philstireservice

• Greg G.

• kbrew8991

• TexaST-1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm was kinda on the fence on this but as long as there is not any intention of getting rid of PTE-PTA regardless of what happens. I would like to see how it shakes out.

I have made so many adjustments on my car to fit into PTB (Acura ITR w/swap) I don't know that I would want to now go the other way with mods.

I don't think I would-

I enjoy the PT system it keeps budgets in check and gives you choices.

ST is great but not on my budget.

So at 10.25 it looks like PTB/ST3 would be just like PTA/ST2-as long as current PT classes aren't eliminated.

--> maybe we can pick up more SCCA GT type cars.

So we could eventually just do this : ) joking of course!

PT /unlimited type = PTE/ST6 PTD/ST5 PTC/ST4 PTB/ST3 PTA/ST2 ST1 SU

In AZ region we have been exclusively using the PT/ST system for 3 years with the exception of 944-Spec, but there are 8-12 Spec cars every event. This concept of having 15 classes with 1 or 2 cars in a class is lame-everyone is on the track at the same time in some very similar cars and should be racing against each other, so hopefully we will gain new cars not just shift cars around.

Would any of this result in the elimination of any current PT class? PTE-PTA? If so I wouldn't be for it...

I am seeing some ST2 cars detuned to ST3 with big broad powerbands, crazy aero, with mega $$$ susp, Motec, tires, ect I wonder if that will happen???