C5 Z06 TTA Set Up for 2010

CShay6

I'm trying to understand what is allowed with the new 2010 rules for a C5Z (2004 Corvette Z06). It still has a 7 point initial assesment, then 13 points for Hoosier A6's with 295 width. This would not be allowed since 20 bumps you a class, correct?

With a 275 width A6, you would have 18 points, therefore a legal car and one point to play with. Correct?

I just dont see either of these options being cost effective since you now have to be on the factory sway bars and will eat the outer shoulder of an A6. Anyone have other set up suggestions for the C5Z in TTA?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

run a +10 tire

I essentially get several sets of A6's for free every year. (My autocross scrubs)

I really don’t want to go buy R6's and use the A6's for track days, that's an unfortunate waste. But, that’s probably the only way to make points work.

With a 275 width A6, you would have 18 points, therefore a legal car and one point to play with. Correct?

-4 for 20mm under (unless that changed)

275 A6's should be a 9 pt tire

I ran 275's square all of 2009 excluding the last road atlanta event when I ran 295's

I may actually try to run the stock sway bars this year at an event, just for kicks.

-4 for 20mm under (unless that changed)

275 A6's should be a 9 pt tire

I ran 275's square all of 2009 excluding the last road atlanta event when I ran 295's

I may actually try to run the stock sway bars this year at an event, just for kicks.

Bingo!!! You have 3 points to play with so you can do sway bars if you like

TTA* should be an eleven point initial for the C5Z.

You could really build a nice TTA ringer from a TTB C5 or a Z51 C5, all the best pieces/parts, but I'm too poor.

You could really build a nice TTA ringer from a TTB C5 or a Z51 C5, all the best pieces/parts, but I'm too poor.

Me too. But I'll pretend for a little while.

TTA* should be an eleven point initial for the C5Z.

yes you can

I am looking for a unmodded C5 base car to run with 275s in TTB. I have enough parts around to build a good one.

Unfortunately, for me, I have a lead on a 3000 mile 2002 ZO6 for $20K (asking here local).

You can but I would suspect that loop hole will only be around until someone builds one & runs well at nationals with it.

I assume you are talking about a P/TTB C5? A base, unmodded, 6 speed C5 is not that easy to find...

You can but I would suspect that loop hole will only be around until someone builds one & runs well at nationals with it.

I assume you are talking about a P/TTB C5? A base, unmodded, 6 speed C5 is not that easy to find...

there was a salvage one (fixed/running) on CF a few days ago for like $13k, up north. flood car, perfect for a track whore (straight frame)

yeah I think Z06 sway bars (or maybe even T1), typical free mods and hoosiers, it would be a pretty awesome B car. you could also do a FRC and put base springs/shocks on it. I have driven a lot of the base C5's I have worked on, but never on a track. wonder how the base FE-1 would do.

tempting to do for safety reasons, slow yourself down a little on the straights. the brakes would hold up better just from the drop in velocity.

there was a salvage one (fixed/running) on CF a few days ago for like $13k, up north. flood car, perfect for a track whore (straight frame)

yeah I think Z06 sway bars (or maybe even T1), typical free mods and hoosiers, it would be a pretty awesome B car. you could also do a FRC and put base springs/shocks on it. I have driven a lot of the base C5's I have worked on, but never on a track. wonder how the base FE-1 would do.

tempting to do for safety reasons, slow yourself down a little on the straights. the brakes would hold up better just from the drop in velocity.

You only get 12 points for the C5 base and tires eat most of that up (+11 for a 275 R tire). I am trying for a base coupe to get the right springs and sways right off the bat.

Scot's LS1 did not have a lot of velocity drop....

Scott's LS1 did not have a lot of velocity drop....

Yeah, I was only able to get to 143mph at Rd Atl, but I thought was still pretty good with the LS1 and 0.74:1 overdrive. I gave a lot of thought to TTB for 2010, but I decided on TTA for a couple of reasons. A C5 Corvette TTB car would certainly be very competitive right out of the gate. And as Jeff said before, the only real competition would probably be the E46 M3.

Looking at last year's participants, I think I would have had a pretty good shot at a TTB championship (barring something catastrophic) in '10 simply based on the other regular car makes in the class from the last few years. But as cool as that would be, ultimately even a chamionship in TTB isn't what I'm after at the moment. The talent of other drivers in TTA has reached an unprecedented level. These guys are really very very talented drivers who regularly spank higher classed cars and short of sounding gay, I feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to compete against them. Having those caliber of drivers in very similar cars gives me a bar to measure my performance and progress which ultimately will make me a better competitor and driver. I don't think I would get that in TTB. So there...call me crazy for looking forward to an azz whoopin this coming season and spending a lot of money in doing so, but that's why I chose TTA in 2010 in my TTB* Corvette.

Scot's LS1 did not have a lot of velocity drop....

the headers and straight exhaust, intake, and (cough) cam help a lot

well the intake is legal for a TTB LS1 anyway....

Quite a few of the NASA-SE TT classes have some stiff rivalries and talent with a wrench/wheel....

...and short of sounding gay, I feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to compete against them.

Nope, you've made it.... That's why I suck at TT. I don't plan JACK. Just get out there and run whatever I got until I blow something up (again).

...and short of sounding gay...

Honest, I have never looked at you guys in that way (Falcon and Fred probably have) - it is more of a Navy thing, not an Air Force thing....

Honest, I have never looked at you guys in that way (Falcon and Fred probably have) - it is more of a Navy thing, not an Air Force thing....

wife, 2 kids, I am pretty confident in who I am.

Our cars however, seem to have taken a liken to each other. (pic was edited to be SFW)

2vettescopy.jpg