C5 Z06 TTA Set Up for 2010

CShay6

Wife's 2001 A4 C5 vert makes 320 at the wheels with an aftermarket intake and a Z06 exhaust (cat back; negligible effect, but much lighter). I think 317 is possible, but you'd need to tune it correctly.

We had to jump through a few hoops to make this car track ready. A roll bar was the biggie (there are quite a few Corvette roll bars that are just for show; this one is not), then a deeper trans pan, better fluid (Amsoil ATF) and a trans cooler. This summer will be the acid test. Trying to get her to come time trial.

So a 275 R6 is a 6 point tire in TTA correct? 10 points, -4 for width?

That would leave one 6 points to play with on a TTA* car for headers (2), no cats (1), intake mods (1), and swaybars (2). What am I missing?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

I'd love to have some kinda TTA C5

I'm struggling to stay in TTA and not shade over into TTS. At least until I come into some more money! Shocks, aero, exhaust, weight, new tires...

I think the new consensus is that a base C5 in TTB is the way to go.

If you got the $$ to build it, it is. Using the best pieces/parts.

It'll cost more than a C5Z06 purchase though

TTS is a spending contest, too rich for me.

I think the new consensus is that a base C5 in TTB is the way to go.

If you got the $$ to build it, it is. Using the best pieces/parts.

I may try that next year.

How do you figure it'd cost more to build than just buying a ZO6?

When you finish with your aftermarket shocks/springs, exhaust, intake, clutch, trans, yada yada, add it all up and + the price of the car

When you finish with your aftermarket shocks/springs, exhaust, intake, clutch, trans, yada yada, add it all up and + the price of the car

I do not think so. A base car has no points once you put some tires on it. The free mods - while not $$ free - would help the car out.

My current TTA FRC has to go back with an LS1 (no longer crate available - means I hope all my parts are still good) or convert it to C5Z specs to stay in TTA or go TTS and run there with the motor of my choice (fresh LS6 crate) in the FRC meeting the adj hp/wt.

Still looking for that low mile base C5 6 spd coupe...

I do not think so. A base car has no points once you put some tires on it. The free mods - while not $$ free - would help the car out.

My current TTA FRC has to go back with an LS1 (no longer crate available - means I hope all my parts are still good) or convert it to C5Z specs to stay in TTA or go TTS and run there with the motor of my choice (fresh LS6 crate) in the FRC meeting the adj hp/wt.

Still looking for that low mile base C5 6 spd coupe...

TTS is always looking for more cars

My current TTA FRC has to go back with an LS1 (no longer crate available - means I hope all my parts are still good)

I've never really looked into that. You saying no one offers a stock LS1 crate motor?

My current TTA FRC has to go back with an LS1 (no longer crate available - means I hope all my parts are still good)

I've never really looked into that. You saying no one offers a stock LS1 crate motor?

they have all been sold..LS6s are getting rarer - the ones now often come with CTS-V pans on them.

LS3s are what they are making now...

yeah need to snag an LS6 crate while we can and store it away in the basement

If I go back to a C5, I'll need two...

I would start sneaking in the engine crates now...tell her they are garage storage units..

You can but I would suspect that loop hole will only be around until someone builds one & runs well at nationals with it.

As long as there are BMW M3s in the world, no one will ever notice!

You can but I would suspect that

loop hole will only be around until someone builds one & runs well at nationals with it.

click your heels when you say that and maybe others will believe

You can but I would suspect that

loop hole will only be around until someone builds one & runs well at nationals with it.

for TTB - I'd take an M3 over some hodgepodge narrow tire'd Corvette

for TTB - I'd take an M3 over some hodgepodge narrow tire'd Corvette

I've been tempted to run the special "255" A6's in TTB so I can try and take the Mid Ohio records away from one of those M3's. Maybe July...

SPERKINS ain't no bear...he's just a fuzzy koala with a cheater motor....

we took his driveline out this past weekend, there was so much hidden illegal stuff I almost had to call the cops!!

It would be a good TTB battle between the base C5 and some well prepared m3's and 4th gen Fbodys. The evo can be really fast in TTB trim too.

And I love "spec zo6" (TTA). It doesn't allow you to spend a fortune yet still have a few things to play with on the car. It would be a blast to see a 10+ car PTA field with a bunch of spec-ish C5 Z's.