C5 Z06 TTA Set Up for 2010

CShay6

we took his driveline out this past weekend, there was so much hidden illegal stuff I almost had to call the cops!!

I was hoping you wouldn't notice due to the fiberglass cloud.

Note to self - take a respirator to Mark's house next time we hack up a Corvette with a sawzall and cutoff wheel.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

If you guys could just make up your mind about which class the Corvette will actually "take on" at Nationals, some of us BMW owners could finally setup our cars for the big upset. I know I know.. it's hard to find cheater parts with all those Chevy dealers going out of business, but sometime before August would be nice. ::yawn::

to dominate they first must show up - didn't see many SE TTers at Natl's this year

I think you'll be pleasantly suprised this year.

Rumor has it that a few here are actually crazy enough to travel 4,000 miles round trip to steal your precious 2 dollar trophies.

miller.gif

I'd better see some of you jokers there

- KB, making the return trip... hoping that TTF makes it this year so he can gun for two trophies with one car (3 if the Enduro Nationals happen!!)

• Members
to dominate they first must show up - didn't see many SE TTers at Natl's this year

I think you'll be pleasantly suprised this year.

Rumor has it that a few here are actually crazy enough to travel 4,000 miles round trip to steal your precious 2 dollar trophies.

Id be blown away if anyone of you showed up. By all means, blow me away! But when it comes down to it....... ill be looking at the same SoCal/NorCal people that ive seen there for the last 4 years.

Id be blown away if anyone of you showed up. By all means, blow me away! But when it comes down to it....... ill be looking at the same SoCal/NorCal people that ive seen there for the last 4 years.

That's it....I'm calling Jim Pantas to rent the hauler. Who wants to jump on board?

tn_20070521%20785.jpg

tn_20070521%20769.jpg

Don't forget the bottle of non-alcoholic champagne!

Hey, what happened? This thread finally got interesting!

Well.. if my TTA Vette was barely faster than a Mini Cooper (re: '09 Nationals results), I'd be out finding ways to make my car faster.. rather than posting in forums all day.

• Members
Hey, what happened? This thread finally got interesting!

After 9 pages of yich-yack I figured id legitimize it by posting within it. DONE.

I've been tempted to run the special "255" A6's in TTB so I can try and take the Mid Ohio records away from one of those M3's. Maybe July...

Matt your comment made me go have a look and I beleive the record listed is incorrect and outdated anyways. The date and time listed is from Mark Hopkins' SRT-4 which beat me by a tenth. That was my first TT weekend so i'll never forget it. And in 2009 I think Brian Johnson in that Koni Challenge civic went a touch faster that that.

So there's no M3's to hunt

It would be a blast to see a 10+ car PTA field with a bunch of spec-ish C5 Z's.

We're working towards it here in the SE...

Are there guys down there racing PTA C5s already? Or will there be some transitioning from TT going on cause I know that is a popular TT combo down there too.

Are there guys down there racing PTA C5s already? Or will there be some transitioning from TT going on cause I know that is a popular TT combo down there too.

None yet, but 2011 looks promising with 3 potential C5 candidates.

you guys say 4,000mi round trip like you think thats soooo far

- KB, 3600mi round trip

Utah is a long trip for us Southeasters, but as someone mentioned, we did take TTE last year with one entry. It seems one of us is hard to handle - imagine a whole pack . 2012 seems to be more likely to see an increase from the SE - it is about the economy.

Jim's hauler was full last year and I expect it will be again this year.

you guys say 4,000mi round trip like you think thats soooo far

- KB, 3600mi round trip

Utah is a long trip for us Southeasters

more going, less whining. I'm only 200mi closer and I hauled myself

Or a C6 Z51. Lots of advantages for PTA (against a C5Z) for an LS2 C6Z51...

brakes!

stiffer chassis by about 2 hz, more rigid spindles, better cf, .3 L bigger displacement with the same heads/cam I have in my 01Z, etc

Or a C6 Z51. Lots of advantages for PTA (against a C5Z) for an LS2 C6Z51...

brakes!

stiffer chassis by about 2 hz, more rigid spindles, better cf, .3 L bigger displacement with the same heads/cam I have in my 01Z, etc

No doubt all good stuff.. but i'll take the extra .6" rotor and better calipers over all that! Example, 09' T1 championship race.

We've seen the C5 Z do well up here in TTA, but I haven't seen a C6 z51 in competition since I've been paying attn to it.

No doubt all good stuff.. but i'll take the extra .6" rotor and better calipers over all that!

yes that to (didn't mention as you had mentioned the brakes before)