It's that time again..."Fatboy Challenge"

Jim P.

• Members

I go to the Dr. every year for an annual physical - I have five physicals (DOT, NASA, FAA, SCCA, BMWCCA) that I have to get regularly so to avoid confusion I just go every year! Well, it's been six(6) years since my cholesterol #'s had been high enough to be concerned - but alas I have "fallen" off the wagon again and have been eating too much of the wrong foods...(there's a shocker - eating foods that taste good vs good for ya!! )

It is with this in mind that I am tossing out the gauntlet - I plan to throw out a challenge - last time (in 2003) I lost 40 lbs and 60 Cholesterol points in three months simply by eating correctly... My goal is to lose 40 lbs by NCCAR in April - anyone want to accept the challenge? Post you're details and I'll give you a bottle of Champagne at the NCCAR (or Lowes) event in April if you lose as much as I do...

So here I am: 240 lbs

fatboy.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• Jim P.

• Golin

• Fred Crawford

drivinhardz06

I'm in.

I have already started the same a few days ago, but yeah I'll "race ya"

I was 141 lbs in college playing soccer as late as '96. I am 205 lbs now. I have gained 20 in the last 1.5 yr alone sad sad sad

I hope to get back to about 160-165, what I was when we got married.

I had to pull the carpets in the Z06 for RA in Dec and still couldn't make it down to 3118 on the scales. 40 lbs off the driver is like $5k worth of carbon fiber crap right. lol

get a Wii fit lol i gotta go pick one up today as a xmas gift.... the reviews on it are incredible... amazon has over 1500 written reviews 4 1/2 out of 5 stars and reports of people losing 5-10lbs in a matter of weeks.

other than that, id take you up on the challenge but if i lost 40lbs then that would put me under 100lbs so thats prob not a good idea lol

Weight loss is figured as a percentage correct? Not a whole number as Chris mentioned since that would not be safe for some people (for fear of blowing away at RA in March).

mcmmotorsports

If I lose 40lbs, I would be borderline anorexic.

I have an idea to keep this fair and competitive. Why not do it as a percentage? I suck at math, but I am sure you can figure out how much of a percent of 240 lbs is 200 and put that number up as the goal others must beat. Just a thought.

Can you "grandfather" the challenge? I went from 255lbs to 220lbs 4 months after my heart thingy operation. I can do another 5 no problem...

Actually, since the dang holidays, I've crept back up to about 228lbs...

(AND YES HIGH CHLORESTEROL CAN GET YOU IN BIG TROUBLE -- I'M LUCKILY LIVING PROOF)

I'm no engineer, but doesn't it cost 1HP for every five pounds of weight or so? Good way to get better weight distribution.

Anyway, I'm in. Played rugby in college at 210. Probably should be around 200 as a good weight. I've made it up to 245 through lack of activity as of late. I've got the EA Active "game" for the Wii, and had already intended to use it starting January 1 (or 2 depending on the hangover). I'm terrible at eating well. Had always controlled weight through exercise, maybe this will at least make me think twice before eating all of the great cheese dip my wife makes for football games.

Weekly post ups with starting weight and current weight?

GT

If I lose 40lbs, I would be borderline anorexic..

I don't believe that!

I have an idea to keep this fair and competitive. Why not do it as a percentage? I suck at math, but I am sure you can figure out how much of a percent of 240 lbs is 200 and put that number up as the goal others must beat. Just a thought.

Wow .... great idea Mike!

The percentage would be 16.6% weight loss.

(240-200)/240 = 0.166 = 16.6%

or

(Beginning weight - Ending weight)/ Beginning weight * 100% = percentage lost

or to solve for Ending weight multiply your beginning weight by 0.834

Example:

My fat ass 275 lbs x 0.834 = 229.35 (for a 16.6% loss)

Holy Crap!!!! How did I get so heavy!!!!! I was 205 in College!!

40 lbs is alot of weight to lose in 4 months. I did it once 235 down to 195 in 3-4 months and it was tough. I lost alot of strength but felt good.

I basically only drank water, ate real clean and ran everyday. It sucked, I don't know if I can do it that fast again. This year I'm going for a slower pace like a steady 1 to 2 lbs a week.

Just joined the gym, I'm in. How bout upping the ante to something like say... a free track day

I'm in, need some encouragement to get down to the point where I'll actually need to add ballast to make race weight. Its not happening this year, so my goal will be to get as close to 300 as I can by the NCCAR event.

I'll play with you. Although my blood work did improve enough to make my Dr. happy he would still like to see me loose 40 pounds.

Just a side note. If you take the weight off slowly, like a pound a week, there is a better chance of keeping it off.

ok ,based on percentages ,,i gotta get to 209.....may put me and the car in SU...but would be worth it...now to get those pesky tryglicerides below 1000....

Johnny

Twice in my life I've shed 30+ pounds over 3-5 months (205 to 170 at end of highschool, then 225 to high 160s at end of college) by doing some 1-2day fasting, drinking lots of water and pure unfiltered juices, but I tried for several years to use the same methods, and it just wasn't working for me. So anyway, after steadily gaining weight for about 15 years, in 2008 I told myself I was just going to change my life habits: less meat, smaller portions, and save the beers for the weekend. Over the last two years, I've dropped just over 20 lbs. Each pound seems harder than the ones before, but I weigh myself every morning to keep focused. My other motivation was that I told myself, I wasn't allowed on the racetrack unless I was under 190 (I was then under 190 in no time)... then I told myself I could not do TT until I was under 185 (I did my first TT in Nov and CMP). I also told myself I could not race until I was under 180 (I'm shooting for Comp School at RA this August, and I'll buy the suit for this weight)....Not sure what prize I could set for myself to get to 175, but anyway, I'm hoping the gradual lifestyle-change weightloss will keep me from gaining any of it back. I really try to convince myself that I will be truly resolved for the rest of my life.

I will be truly resolved for the rest of my life.

I think that's right for anyone over 30. You can fight nature and win for a while, but the job is never "done". That's also why mother nature invented beer - to help her win. Nasty beeatch.