It's that time again..."Fatboy Challenge"

Jim P.

Well I finally started (2 weeks ago) to watch what I eat and started walking every day. Then this week I started the Atkins Diet.

So far I have lost 7 pounds. Was 288, now 281. I must say I feel better already and the no carb diet is working. Only 81 more pounds to to...

Time up up the exercise level.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• Jim P.

• Golin

• Fred Crawford

Fred Crawford
Well I finally started (2 weeks ago) to watch what I eat and started walking every day. Then this week I started the Atkins Diet.

So far I have lost 7 pounds. Was 288, now 281. I must say I feel better already and the no carb diet is working. Only 81 more pounds to to...

A good friend of mine did Atkins many years ago took off 65lbs and kept it off. He still watches what he eats. He doesn't exersize much though, he could probally lose some more.

Fc

Good Luck

• Members

I started this challenge at 240lbs and the holidays ballooned me up to 246-248lbs - but I have been riding my bike lately and am down to 232 as of today. I plan to continue the bike riding and probably will bring it to the track.

Nice work Mike! Not to sound to ghey here, but I'd love to see the 200 lb Mike. I'm still down, but need to get back on the exercise routine after the boy went back into the hospital for a few days. I'm glad this thread keeps going. Persistence is how we we solve this problem.

GT

I started this challenge at 240lbs and the holidays ballooned me up to 246-248lbs - but I have been riding my bike lately and am down to 232 as of today. I plan to continue the bike riding and probably will bring it to the track.

We are tracking about the same. Up and down. 231 last Wed. Will be in Vegas all next week and it is hard to stay on a diet there but ZO6cool is keeping me motivated.

Fred Crawford

Falcon...... there is athread out there.... "Rolling Resistance"..... to me thats when my "buds dont fit in the papers" happy 4/20

Deere

• 3 weeks later...
Very interesting discussion.

Subject: Ted Video : William Li: Can we eat to starve cancer?

Cancer is a second consideration to death by pasties....

Did you actually watch the video? Obesity is possibly tied in as well. Pasties are naturally occuring in certain parts of Florida (of course only from what I've heard).

Did you actually watch the video? Obesity is possibly tied in as well. Pasties are naturally occuring in certain parts of Florida (of course only from what I've heard).

The only videos I want to see does not have obese people in it (unless they are wearing pasties...)

The only videos I want to see does not have obese people in it (unless they are wearing pasties...)

Eeeeuuuuwww....you're a freek.. Leaving now....

Why all this talk about donuts? (pastries?)

donutlips1.jpg

I must admit that is one sexy pastry. I don't know about the sprinkles though...

Why all this talk about donuts? (pastries?)

donutlips1.jpg

I must admit that is one sexy pastry. I don't know about the sprinkles though...

You all night IT geeks and officers of the law will probably get all misty eyed over it.

• 6 months later...

Yes, I have resurrected this topic.

With it now being the off season and all, it's a perfect time to try to train some and get those human bodies in to race shape before the meltdown at CMP in February.

To that end I have picked up EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii, and have started a group. If anyone has the system, and would like to join up with the group, it should provide some motivation through competition, or at least guilt. It is limited to 30 spaces, so be sure to sign up soon! Hopefully I'll see some of you on there!

Group Name: NASA-SE

Password: flatout (because that is how you will exercise, flatout)

GT