Will tires fail inspection

Subiedude1020

I am going to the circuitcross race in February at vir but I am worried about the passing of my tires at pre tech. The inside of the tires are worn due to negative camber and I want to pass inspection. Could anyone tell me if they will pass?!

Kind of a silly question...its your life and those around you that you are going to risk if they arent safe enough to drive on. Replace them if they are done, maybe you can flip them to put the worn shoulders on the outside.

You have till February to source new tires. Tires are another piece of safety equipment. Would you put yourself on track with a frayed seat belt? How about a helmet with a crack down the middle? Worn tires are no better. In addition, if you look at HPDE tech form:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-forms/form_hpde_tech.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not only is making sure your car is track ready YOUR responsibility, tire condition is the first area of inspection.

Don't take shortcuts, PLEASE!

In my opinion they are not dangerous they are just worn more on the inside than the rest of the tire. I don't want to get new tires just because the inside is more worn. I have corrected the alignment problem and they are not wearing that way any more.

In my opinion they are not dangerous they are just worn more on the inside than the rest of the tire. I don't want to get new tires just because the inside is more worn. I have corrected the alignment problem and they are not wearing that way any more.

Keep an eye on them, if they cord, even the slightest, the next material is air and you will crash.

I will definately be keeping my eye on them. Anyone know if they'll pass?

They would pass as they are in the pics above because no cords are showing, but it's a long time until February... they'll probably be corded by then depending on how much you drive, so I'd strongly suggest planning to replace them by then. There are no refunds for cars that don't pass trackside tech, whether they pass pre-tech or not. As others have mentioned this is 100% for safety reasons.

Hope it helps,

Jon

(aka the guy in charge of that Circuitcross)