Grand Am - Test Days & Rolex 24

tacovini

I have a date with the wind tunnel for "zero" shift (starting at 1am) on Friday morning. I'm going to figure out a way down on Friday, and depending on team commitments I may or may not be able to make it for the get together. Sounds like fun.

Does that date include a wing or spoiler ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tacovini

• swhiteh3

• robbodleimages

• stevepoe

I have a date with the wind tunnel for "zero" shift (starting at 1am) on Friday morning. I'm going to figure out a way down on Friday, and depending on team commitments I may or may not be able to make it for the get together. Sounds like fun.

Does that date include a wing or spoiler ?

This time we're going to call it the CODAT, or "Car Of Day After Tomorrow".

i will be down for the weekend as well. i will be driving the #52 Rehagen Racing mustang in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. stop by and say hi to some fellow AI drivers.

Ryan Winchester

Midwest/Great Lakes

AI #199

i will be down for the weekend as well. i will be driving the #52 Rehagen Racing mustang in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

Ryan , was just at the shp SATURDAY picking a few things up drom Dean . Steve mentioned you driving...how cool ...best of luck.

Steve

We almost need the carpool going down the east coast.

I am giving serious thought to going this year and have never been.

I've never made it either. Only now, I have no excuse since it's only about 4 hours or so.

Going to Sebring for sure, but I'm sure Daytona could be fun.

You sure don't want to miss it...

9555.jpg

9629.jpg

8682.jpg

8717.jpg

8935.jpg

I'll be in a red jacket and white hat...

8858.jpg

...all the stars and cool people will be there.

WheresEnzo_3.jpg

AI/CMC get together Friday night @ 7PM....the Ocean Deck.

We'll start a roll call this week and count down to the Rolex 24.

There's usually over 20-30 AI/CMC racers & followers there each year and we usually don't find out about everyone until afterward.

This year we've GOT to pick a time/place and get folks together for a bit.

Those that are going...get a pit pass...most of the show is in the paddock and on the wall.

-=- Todd

PS- My plane ticket from Houston was $230 last week....very reasonable for an experience like no other to see how the big boys roll.

Now for a few commercials....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These Texas boys are going for a win and got some video commercial skillz as well.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if the dog was really missing but I do know of these 24 things to do at the Rolex 24.

http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=r&cid=24809

Who's in for next Friday nite at the Ocean Deck?

1) Todd Covini

2) Jeff Feit

3) Dean Martin

4) Steve Poe

5) Scott Whitehead

6) Lowell Houston

7) Ryan Winchester

...others???

-=- Todd

TUNE-IN ALERT

GRAND-AM: 24 Hours at Daytona

DATE: Friday, January 22

TIME: 11:59 p.m. ET

NETWORK: SPEED

WHAT: GRAND-AM: 24 Hours at Daytona

Don't miss the world premiere of the hour-long special, GRAND-AM: 24 Hours at Daytona, which takes you behind the scenes of North America's most prestigious endurance race, the Rolex 24 At Daytona.

The show includes team and driver interviews, race shop tours and rare event footage from 1962. 2009 Daytona Prototype co-champion Alex Gurney as well as Scott Pruett, Hurley Haywood and four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson are among the drivers interviewed.

Please visit www.grand-am.com to learn more about the show.

+++++++++++++++

I'll update the AI/CMC soiree attendee list this weekend.

Momentum Race Group has a seat available with co-driver Jeff Altenburg in their Riley Built GS Camaro for Daytona. Reduced price due to short time frame. Call Ray Butler @ 281-460-7890 See cars at www.momentumracegroup.com

C'mon all you Camaro drivers....

-=- T

Pure guess/speculation.......12-15k for the race as a co driver, not including crash damage....I may be a little low but just guessing here.

Download the Continental/Koni lic forms see the Doc, get it all notarized, send in your ck, BAM hit the track!

You couldn't get a much better opportunity...Jeff is super fast and most likely a good teacher to help whoever his teammate is to get up to speed quickly.

I have to know. Did Enzo go missing at the track or is that a book promotion?

From what I understand, Patrick Dempsey bought the movie rights to 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' from Garth Stein and will be turning it into a movie very soon (gee, I wonder who will play the main character who is an aspiring race car driver???). The dog in the book is named 'Enzo' and coldtrackdays.com has pins that have a pic of the dog and 'goenzo.com' on them.

Costas

cars and such...

Momentum Race Group has a seat available with co-driver Jeff Altenburg in their Riley Built GS Camaro for Daytona. Reduced price due to short time frame. Call Ray Butler @ 281-460-7890 See cars at http://www.momentumracegroup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C'mon all you Camaro drivers....

-=- T

If I had anymore than lunch money I would already be down there!!!!

Pure guess/speculation.......12-15k for the race as a co driver, not including crash damage....I may be a little low but just guessing here.

For a 2.5hr. race????

NoWay

jb