ToeJaM

New requirement -- deer whistles -- ??

ToeJaM

Now that all the hub-bub about window nets have died down, I want to add a NEW safety requirement --deer whistles-- look at the attached link.....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=777869

Okay, I was just kidding about the deer whistles...

Tim Meyer................................ToeJaM Racing

ColinB

OMG....that is crazy. Long ago I saw some pics of a deer that got splattered by a Durango after it jumped off of an overpass onto the highway. This is definitely worse from the blood and guts aspect....eeeeeeewwwww

heymagic

Now that's ugly...I remember years ago a guy named Tim Bendle from Canada smucked a deer onstage with his old 510. Lots of "evidence" on the fender and such. It can happen ! Maybe some "roo bars" on the front and some additional netting.....

scooter58
Now that all the hub-bub about window nets have died down, I want to add a NEW safety requirement --deer whistles-- look at the attached link.....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=777869

Okay, I was just kidding about the deer whistles...

Tim Meyer................................ToeJaM Racing

Also as long as we are on this subject...should all SNO-DRIFT entrants be required to have "ELK

WHISTLES", as up there in that part of Michigan there is a big elk herd ??

SCOOTER

wvonkessler

On the TV broadcast of STPR in 1997, there is in-car of a bear running across the road right in front of a car at full go. Might do a little more damage than a deer.

scooter58

We all better be careful if the DNR or conservation oficers,etc. of the states we rally in ever see this information,they may make each rally car get a hunting license or some such thing. And if you think entrance fees for RA are higher than hell,try puchasing an out of state hunting license.

But then again , organizers could give out an award for the biggest animal harvested during stage competition. Or may be we could all be eating venison at the awards banquet ?

Boy you'd think with me doing a rally in June, I wouldn't have the time for such trivial poop,,but its fun,and I',m not even drinking.

Rally... Rally...SCOOTER

IHBObry
On the TV broadcast of STPR in 1997, there is in-car of a bear running across the road right in front of a car at full go. Might do a little more damage than a deer.

Bear hits are low and soft. I've seen the frt axle knocked out of a F150.

Bernie

heymagic

Wildlife preservation = get it to the freezer before it spoils...

scooter58

Ok, Now I know why in 1976 Gene Henderson won the POR an FIA event then with a big Jeep Wagoneer. ??

He had room for a freezer and a small generator in that monster of a vehicle to keep all of the wildlife he bagged chilled.

Damn,if we spent as much brain power on this stuff in other areas, we'd be all rallying in rare Lancia Stratos, EVO IX's,(early proto-types), with un-limited budgets.