HPDE 2 and 3

BrianZ

what is the main diffrence between HPDE 2 and 3 ? I ran my first NASA even this weekend in HPDE 2. I felt I was a little to fast for the pace that was set.

Depending on the region, there may be different allowed passing zones or grouping with other cars. I know in SoCal they usually put HPDE 1 and 2 together. HPDE 3 is a little faster than 2 and you start to see more cars that are race prepared.

If feel you're ready for HPDE3, then just sign up for it at the next event. Remember you can always ask for an instructor to ride with you or since you're shooting for Honda Challenge, you might want to talk to one of the HC racers. They can offer a lot of advice and are always eager to get more people into the series.

-Jim

I think I will run HPDE 3 next time. I have been talking to one of the Honda Challenge guys a lot, and he has been VERY helpful..

I wasent sure between the classes.. I ran at Reno-Fernley in the HPDE 2 last weeked(have some in car footage). I had a lot of fun and managed to learn a lot for the other drivers/racers there, just need more passing zones.

I ran at Reno-Fernley in the HPDE 2 last weeked(have some in car footage).

If you can post the video I would like to see what a lap at Reno looks like.

Jason

Yes, please post the in car footage. Then I can see what it is like to pass me!(I was driving the Red Neon) I really liked the track except for my lack of horspower. Hopefully you saw my signals to pass.

Yes, please post the in car footage. Then I can see what it is like to pass me!(I was driving the Red Neon) I really liked the track except for my lack of horspower. Hopefully you saw my signals to pass.

i'll try to post it tonight.. just neet a place to host it.. (anyone know were i can host a few videos of diffent tracks)

the main thing i liked about the track, when you wanted to try something diffrent, it only took about a minute before you were back to the same spot. still fresh in your memory

Lack of power in the neon? I think your car makes the same HP as my car.. did you have dual exhuast on the neon?

Just a cat-back exhaust that goes 1 into2, just the way all the stock 2nd gen ACR and RT models had. As for HP, just 150, like you. This was only my second time out in HDPE and was kind of intimidated by the pit wall and didn't carry the speed onto the straight. My instructor got me to push it when the blue Mustang was holding me up. After that, the turn didn't bother me. The fifth bonus run was the best, there was only 3 other cars on the track.

i'll try to post it tonight.. just neet a place to host it..

You can get a yahoo account, put the vid there, and share the folder, and all can view it. I think the limit there is very low (5MBs?), so you may not be able to fit a vid there. Another alternative: most ISPs will give you some web space as part of the service. Check it out.

Jason

that bonus round was AWESOME. . unfortunaly my friend S2000 started to misfire and he could not enjoy the emtpy track too...

i was very carful going around that turn with the wall too.. i knew i had to drive home in that car.. lol

i'll try to post it tonight.. just neet a place to host it..

You can get a yahoo account, put the vid there, and share the folder, and all can view it. I think the limit there is very low (5MBs?), so you may not be able to fit a vid there. Another alternative: most ISPs will give you some web space as part of the service. Check it out.

Jason

i think i'm all out of space with my ISP.. ( i host to many vids already) .. time to do some housekeeping.. hehe

that bonus round was AWESOME. . unfortunaly my friend S2000 started to misfire and he could not enjoy the emtpy track too...

I'm still pissed that I missed that last session. Hurry up and get that video done.

Sweet! Thanks for posting them. I was going to have a friend use my video camera from the side of the track. But when I got out there, found out something happened to it. Got to replace it now, as well as my windshield

Sweet! Thanks for posting them. I was going to have a friend use my video camera from the side of the track. But when I got out there, found out something happened to it. Got to replace it now, as well as my windshield

that sucks.. that is the video i have trouble getting is the stuff from the side of the track.. i can never find anyone that is willing to do that..

do you need a windshield becouse of the track . there were a LOT of rocks out there..

I was there too. I was in the BLK Mustang #41 behind RedACR in pic# 002 on your site. The wall made me a bit nervous too especially with my tail happy car. I too am signing up for Group 3 next time. My next race will be at Thunderhill in Sept. I love that track. I was there in April. I video taped as well but my cam is not digital.

Good luck hope to see you at Thunderhill

I was there too. I was in the BLK Mustang #41 behind RedACR in pic# 002 on your site. The wall made me a bit nervous too especially with my tail happy car. I too am signing up for Group 3 next time. My next race will be at Thunderhill in Sept. I love that track. I was there in April. I video taped as well but my cam is not digital.

Good luck hope to see you at Thunderhill

right on.. i'm going to qroup 3 too next time... so NASA will be at T-hill in sept... i cant wait... i'm going this Friday.. (i'll have footage)