D_Eclipse9916

Electric fan removal?

D_Eclipse9916

I am looking at doing an non-electric fan removal on 99 M3 for the sole purpose of keeping the car cool, and the stupid fan from not exploding and taking out my new radiator. I see however that a non-electrical fan removal is +1. Is it proven that really going to an electric fan is worth any performance advantage? No pulleys will be removed aside from just the actual fan/clutch being removed, the pulley that it attaches to is the water pump and is not removed.

I just wondered if my case was put under (9 for Engine Drivetrain/Modifications or if it is considered a "free mod". Thank you in advance.

getfast
I am looking at doing an non-electric fan removal on 99 M3 for the sole purpose of keeping the car cool, and the stupid fan from not exploding and taking out my new radiator. I see however that a non-electrical fan removal is +1. Is it proven that really going to an electric fan is worth any performance advantage? No pulleys will be removed aside from just the actual fan/clutch being removed, the pulley that it attaches to is the water pump and is not removed.

I just wondered if my case was put under (9 for Engine Drivetrain/Modifications or if it is considered a "free mod". Thank you in advance.

It is +1. Because technically you're removing rotating mass. Betcha if we dyno'd before and after we'd see a difference.

Jon

D_Eclipse9916

It is +1. Because technically you're removing rotating mass. Betcha if we dyno'd before and after we'd see a difference.

Jon

Ugh......I need to get some konis/bilsteins revalved and some decent spring rates and go back to stock sways to get the points back...or just mount the RA1s, and add horsepower/lose weight and compete in C

D_Eclipse9916

Thanks, looks like ill just have to pull the X-brace on the car to get back 3 points until I replace the suspension.