• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• DaveWright

• AustinG

• B.KRAUS

Im ready for some good old rain driving.Cant wait to go.See all you NOR-CAL boys there.240 whp in the rain will be fun.

The H2 cars may have a shot at you H1 guys in the rain. It could be an h1 and h2 battle on saturday.

Well it sucks to sit on the sidelines once again and watch you guys race. But I really enjoyed some damn good racing today. Mike had electrical issues and didn't get to qualify and had to start last. He made it to the front and battled with Zed until Zed made a mistake in turn 11 and Mike took the lead for the win. It was good to see all the guys make it back out for the season opener. Jimmy took third. I don't remember the rest but good racing everyone. I downloaded Mikes video and will post it when Vimeo finishes converting it.

Well today's race was nothing like yesterdays. They put the HC guys 3rd in line for a rolling start behind the Legend slows. In about 4 corners they caught them and the group was split up and running same lap times it stayed spread apart. The race group looked like TT. Great driving guys. Good clean racing!!! Results:

Mike

Brian

Jimmy

I still think that moving HC to Group C(CMC/AI) is a great idea. It should be clear that even H2 speeds are far too fast when they lap most of the field, some TWICE. Group A is too big as it is. I would think that Norcal organizers would welcome the idea to move cars out of group A. CMC had very few cars in it and only one start. Group A has 3 starts. Do the math.

That some really good driving, Mike. Clean and tidy!

Car a little bit more understeer than I would like. But fits perfect for Infineon. And obviously works great for you!

I still think that moving HC to Group C(CMC/AI) is a great idea. It should be clear that even H2 speeds are far too fast when they lap most of the field, some TWICE. Group A is too big as it is. I would think that Norcal organizers would welcome the idea to move cars out of group A. CMC had very few cars in it and only one start. Group A has 3 starts. Do the math.

great idea chris!!! Always thinking!!

looked at the lap times, and H2/H1 would be a much better fit in grpC.

That some really good driving, Mike. Clean and tidy!

Car a little bit more understeer than I would like. But fits perfect for Infineon. And obviously works great for you!

yeah, still fighting a push in the lude. Much different suspension then civics, the back is PLANTED, and it seams to respond differently to the normal steps to reduce understeer. Brandon has had some luck with going up in front spring rate, I may try that. But I am going to wait to do anything drastic until I get back on ra-1's.

The car is very stable, a good match for the track conditions this weekend. I do l like a pushy car, especially when we have to move through 85 cars in one race!

crap... just realized i have no way of getting my video onto my computer any more..
Bring it to Mikes tonight and I will upload it tonight.

I think this is a moment where Honda Challenge racers as a group should be proud of. That kind of traffic and race hard without any body contact!!

This video should be a show to other groups that racing in close quarter with fast cars doesn't mean body contact.

great idea chris!!! Always thinking!!

looked at the lap times, and H2/H1 would be a much better fit in grpC.

I talked to the Assistant Race director about that on Sunday morning to see if we could get moved into group B. They had already decided to move another class into that group. When they race a nor-cal race I will talk to the power to be about the possibility of us running with them.

FYI -

Group C - Group C Legends, Thunder Roadsters

Group B - AI/X, CMC, CMC2, FFR

It was fun watching the H2 cars go at it this weekend...makes me want to get my car H2 ready and run in H2!

Having 8 cars in H2 at the first race weekend of the season makes this year look promising.

It was also great to see a few new cars in HC, hopefully you guys will go to nationals too?

There were 8 cars in H2. A few other H2'ers were missing...Dave W, Chris Smith, John A, anyone else??...there's also talk of Donna/Ron C running in H2 this year.

So,with 10-12 H2 cars in Nor cal is possible...then there's 10-12 H2'ers in so cal...plus there's 2-4 H2'ers in Utah and a handful from the East...

I know it's only March, but maybe a 25-30 car H2 field in Sept at Nationals???....it seems possible

JMeris

Great race guys. Once I grow a pair of you know what, i should be towards the front of the pack. Good work mike, brian and jimmy. Cant wait till next month

Great race guys. Once I grow a pair of you know what, i should be towards the front of the pack. Good work mike, brian and jimmy. Cant wait till next month

Ya.. i also need to grow a pair!!! Mike and brian where in a league of there own this weekend.

It was fun watching the H2 cars go at it this weekend...makes me want to get my car H2 ready and run in H2!

Having 8 cars in H2 at the first race weekend of the season makes this year look promising.

It was also great to see a few new cars in HC, hopefully you guys will go to nationals too?

There were 8 cars in H2. A few other H2'ers were missing...Dave W, Chris Smith, John A, anyone else??...there's also talk of Donna/Ron C running in H2 this year.

So,with 10-12 H2 cars in Nor cal is possible...then there's 10-12 H2'ers in so cal...plus there's 2-4 H2'ers in Utah and a handful from the East...

I know it's only March, but maybe a 25-30 car H2 field in Sept at Nationals???....it seems possible

JMeris

We counted 16 H2 guys in norcal...

And where also trying to get guys to go to the same races, so that we have big fields, Since many (??most??) can't afford/don't want to run the full season.

So if we can get it worked out, for 3 or 4 weekends we should have ~10+ H2 cars.

Ya.. i also need to grow a pair!!! Mike and brian where in a league of there own this weekend.

No you were right there. Just a little rusty from not driving for 2 years. I expect you will be right back to speed at the next event.