TT classification for 2001 Honda S2000

f1honda

I have previously competed in EMRA TT. I plan to compete in NASA TT in the North East region for 2010 and also EMRA TT.

here's the car and mod list.

2001 Honda S2000

+7 NT01

+1 10mm oversize tire

+1 intake snorkel

+2 exhaust

+1 testpipe

+7 KW V3 coilovers

+2 springs

+2 Gendron FSB

+2 Accord front calipers

+4 APR GT200 rear wing

+1 modify rear bumper (vented)

other mods (not sure about points)

-VAFC

-K&N air filter

-vented hood

-stainless brake lines

-front brake ducts

-nsx 2-piece front rotors (298mm vs oem s2000 300mm)

-oem front lower bumper lip

-Hard Dog 4-point roll bar

-race seats

-front upper shock tower bar, 2-point attachment

if i did my math correctly, that will give me 30 points + 14 base points for a total of 44 points which bring me from TTD to TTB. i could try to drop 5 points and go down to TTC or have 15 points to play with in TTB.

thanks for your help.

IMG_3842s.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f1honda

• ff2skip

• kbrew8991

• s2k4TTC

The vented hood will cost you some points,

The lip I'd have to do some research on... is that an AP2 part on an AP1 or something like that?

thats an oem AP1 lip on a AP1 bumper.

could you point out where the points are in the rule book for the vented hood.

thanks,

• National Staff

You actually already took the points for the hood vents under the +1 for air intake.

If the front bumper lower spoiler is not a standard feature of the base model S2000 ('00-'03), then you need to take points for it. I would need to see better photos, but it will at least take the +3 for Add, replace, modify front fascia or air dam.

• Members
Hey Ken, watch me turn this into a 12 page thread:

F1Honda, how are you adjusting camber?

Im counting on at least 9 pages.

So can I buy a 2001 S2000 with the AP1 lip on a AP1 bumper?

Dayum Greg, chill out and let someone else post.......

Edited by Guest

if you didn't have to check an option box for it, sounds like base model and thus NASA OEM to me.

(note SCCA OEM is a bit more liberal, not very familiar with EMRA though)

You actually already took the points for the hood vents under the +1 for air intake.

If the front bumper lower spoiler is not a standard feature of the base model S2000 ('00-'03), then you need to take points for it. I would need to see better photos, but it will at least take the +3 for Add, replace, modify front fascia or air dam.

i believe the lip is optional on all generation S2000 except for the CR.

so i guess would have to take points on it. or i can easily remove it if i want do drop points and go down to TTC.

picture of front lip

t7.jpg

Also forgot to memtion I have a front upper shock tower bar with 2-point attachment. But I think this goes under free mod.

I'm also looking at getting an aluminum radiator which I think is also a no points mod, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Ken, watch me turn this into a 12 page thread:

F1Honda, how are you adjusting camber?

As much as I hate to admit it, I

------------------------------------------------------------

f1honda, I notice you didn't subtract any points for weight reduction. Oversight or planning on running heavy? Since the S2000(pre-'06) is unable to take any significant advantage of the free reflashing, you may find that you may not be competitive against fully-prepped cars in your class until you address the wt/hp. Also, at full weight, the KWv3's just aren't up to the task.

Interesting using the Accord calipers. I've seen the write-up on them on S2KI. Have you actually used them on a track yet? Impressions?

f1honda, I notice you didn't subtract any points for weight reduction. Oversight or planning on running heavy? Since the S2000(pre-'06) is unable to take any significant advantage of the free reflashing, you may find that you may not be competitive against fully-prepped cars in your class until you address the wt/hp. Also, at full weight, the KWv3's just aren't up to the task.

Interesting using the Accord calipers. I've seen the write-up on them on S2KI. Have you actually used them on a track yet? Impressions?

well, at this point i'm still undecided if i want to remove some parts and drop down to TTC or stay in TTB. i would definitely have to do some weight reduction in TTB. i don't want to gut the car too much because it's still a street driven car.

i created a write-up of Accord calipers on s2ki. i've put about 500 street miles on them and i'm impressed so far. i'm using RacingBrakes 500 pads in front and rear for street. i pushed the car pretty hard last week and the front rotors got up to 500 F while the rear was up to 730 F. ABS engaged fairly easy and no sign of brake fade. i'll be trying out the RB 800 pad for track.

• 2 weeks later...

depends on the shaft diameter - under 40mm is +3, over is +7

I miss the days of the MSRP shock rule, but, that was pretty wide open for abuse so I can understand why it went away

From the AL+ website: "The helper spring allows the shock piston to be placed in the optimal position within the shock body, increasing rebound stroke, and maximizing articulation on cars with minimum suspension travel."

What???

need to watch out for stuff like if they're inverted and your OEMs aren't... that sort of thing

Why not something from AST or the like?

they are definitely not inverted.

and because i can get them through my sponsor for a very good price

^ thanks for that.

You're welcome, although I don't know who went to the trouble of creating it. He/She gets the real props!

can someone confirm that the Stance AL+Pro coilovers will be +3 and +2 for the springs?

it is 15 way, single adjustment and the shaft is less than 40mm.

Based on my interpretation you're correct.

- Char

need to watch out for stuff like if they're inverted and your OEMs aren't... that sort of thing

Why not something from AST or the like?

they are definitely not inverted.

and because i can get them through my sponsor for a very good price

Sponsor?! For TT? Not sure if I'm jealous or baffled. Probably both.

nice, so if you go with Stance AL+Pro, that will take off 4 points. and i can throw the cat back on to take another point off. that will put me back in TTC.

I'd think you'd get more benefit removing the intake snorkel than reinstalling the cat, both in terms of performance and weight.

so i guess would have to take points on it. or i can easily remove it if i want do drop points and go down to TTC.

picture of front lip

Since this hasn't been directly answered, even though that lip doesn't do much for aero, it's +3. I'd take it off to get those points back to help get you down to TTC. Even the F20C2 engine doesn't have the torque to keep up with other cars in B.