TT classification for 2001 Honda S2000

f1honda

Just read through this and this is what I think.

Lose the intake and go back to the stock box with a drop in K&N, Lose the strut tower brace(no need). Find a good header, and if its a track car run a 3in exhaust header back. These car's like a free flowing exhaust and make really good power with one, Get an AEM or Hondata K-pro.

What I would do If I were building an s2000 for TTB 00-05, I would find a drive train from an 06-07 since the reflash is a freebie and that year motor make a lil more power than the older f20c and more torque. And just run it the same way I had my car in C trim.

Motor swap would be points. As the rules are, the 2004-05 S2000's are probably the worst to have, follwed by the AP1's. The car to have is a late MY AP2.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f1honda

• ff2skip

• kbrew8991

• s2k4TTC

Trust me, If it wasn't for the fact that I'm still paying for my 07, It would be a TTB monster. Part of the reason I'm putting an LS1 in my Rx-7,Its already Caged and has a fuel cell, and all the suspension is done. just need the key parts, Motor/tranny upgrade the rear end. etc etc

here is my video from my last trip to VIR in Matt's TTB s2000.

• Members
Trust me, If it wasn't for the fact that I'm still paying for my 07, It would be a TTB monster. Part of the reason I'm putting an LS1 in my Rx-7,Its already Caged and has a fuel cell, and all the suspension is done. just need the key parts, Motor/tranny upgrade the rear end. etc etc

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That was very sweet Rene... wanna crack at your old TTB record in a BMW?

I would like a crack @ my old record in anything!! I'll be up there in a few weeks to run in Spec Miata, but if your offering I'll take you up on it

Excellent driving Rene - a very exciting lap to watch. I enjoyed the engine singing, and 5th gear on the upper esses! Is that stock gearing?

Yea, Matt's car is stock motor, trans, and diff. I was seeing 125 at the top of the esses. Skip if i do end up running something in TTB, I will wave my point's since im only up there once a year. That way you can get your tires

Yea, Matt's car is stock motor, trans, and diff. I was seeing 125 at the top of the esses. Skip if i do end up running something in TTB, I will wave my point's since im only up there once a year. That way you can get your tires

Wouldn't have it that way. Fair's fair. I just need to a) drive better and b) get my car running right/maximize the points. I'm just sorry I missed you last year.

You also failed to mention that Matt's car is stupid light. Almost all his points are used in weight reduction. :thumbup:

What I would do If I were building an s2000 for TTB 00-05, I would find a drive train from an 06-07 since the reflash is a freebie and that year motor make a lil more power than the older f20c and more torque. And just run it the same way I had my car in C trim.

Motor swap would be points. As the rules are, the 2004-05 S2000's are probably the worst to have, follwed by the AP1's. The car to have is a late MY AP2.

04-05 could swap in the 06-07 drivetrain with no points right?

04-05 could swap in the 06-07 drivetrain with no points right?

I believe you could, but you'd also have to replace the ecu. Seems illogical to do all that work/spend that money. You'd be better off selling the early AP2, and buying a year you wanted. Most S2000 owners don't just buy the car for tracking. Most owned them as street cars and happened upon the track/TT's.

Gotcha, yeah that makes sense. I was just wondering about the "Motor swap would be points" comment.

Rene included years 2000-2003 in there. Those are the AP1's.