Re: June 26th ButtonWillow (new date and track edit)

horsewidower

Hey! nice to meet you guys and hope to see you again! It was a good clean race and we all had a great time!

Richard

PDG4.com

Richard,

It was great talking to you. My wife and kids absolutely love your car. Looking forward to more enduros

Eric

Eric,

Next time bring your kids around so they can sit in the car and get a picture taken for our web site.

Richard

No worries, I was handed the word sheet for a song and lyrics about our car in the 25 and goes by the tune of "Gilligan's Island" How cool is that! The car has a lot of fans!

Richard

All in all a pretty clean race.

Richard, what was up at the entrance to turn 3? Two laps in a row.

We had "issues" again and didn't make it. I think I'll STFU here until we actually show at a race. This would have been a good one, Scott Miller told me that 23 cars took the green. The track looked pretty uncrowded, other than all the E0 Bimmers that seemed to like to run nose to tail.

Officially only 29 cars took the green...........

........and one Truck!!

Super Truck Wins ES Class at Thunderhill !

May 22 2010, Willows, CA:

Its not often you can see a truck win a road race! But…..in dominating fashion, the Lynam Racing Chevrolet Super Truck #66 won the ES class at the 2 hour enduro at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA. The truck finished 2 laps ahead of the nearest competitor and only one lap down on the overall winner in a 1400 lb Norma sports racer.

The race started with a draw for starting positions which put the 66 Super Truck at the front of the 30 car field starting in 4th place. With a great start and green flag call by acting crew chief Scott Herrman, driver Troy Lindstrom put the truck into the lead going into the first turn.

Many of the race cars started the race on rain tires. The skies were dark and rain stopped and started several times before the 4pm start time, including a 1 hour downpour about 12pm. But Scott and Troy watched the clouds and they seemed to be moving just slightly away from the track. They chose to start on slicks and it turned out to be the right call. Rain never came and several of the fast cars had to stop in the first 30 minutes to change back off the rain tires.

At the 40 minute mark the 66 Super Truck had a one lap lead on the 2nd place Norma Sports Racer. But at only 1400 lbs and 250hp this super car now on slicks was coming fast. The hope was that the Norma would need to stop for fuel while the truck could run the full 2 hours with no stop. In the end the Super Truck finished one lap down on the Norma but 2 laps ahead of the 3rd place overall finisher. “We made the right call to start on slicks” said driver Troy Lindstrom, “Everyone thought we would pit for fuel but we were able to conserve fuel while leading our class and cruise to victory”.

The win in this race put the Lynam Racing 66 Super Truck firmly into 1st place in the Western Regional Endurance Series with a 15 point lead over the second place Prototype Development Factory Five GTMR.

The next race in the WERC is June 26th at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. This will be a hotly contested 3 hour event that finishes in the dark.

Great race for everyone...for me on the other hand, I didn't have much of a race. I did great on warm up and qualify sessions and even worked out many of the gremlins during the day. I was in the white e1 acura that didn't make it past turn 13. Broke the splines off the clutch. I still had fun and thanks for everyone for keeping attentive and safe "no contact". Thanks and see you all at buttonwillow!!!

Congrates Troy on a good race. We were in the same place last year and...well the rest is history! See you in June!

Richard

Hi Troy,

After the growing pains we had and the second place finish, it prompted the PDG volunteers to reach deeper and work harder to bring home the next race's bowling trophy! We resolved many of our gremlins from Thunderhill in a very successful test day on Friday. Making new friends and having a great time, we have secured our driver line up for Buttonwillow. Returning starter is Mike Holland from San Diego, and new comer Max Hyatt from New Mexico. Max is coming off a 13 overall finish in the Rolex Daytona 24, in 2010.

See you at the races,

Richard

Should be a great race. HERE is to a final hour of great racing on the same lap!!!

One of these days the stars will align and we will race right up to the checker with the great GTMR just behind the Super Truck! :

We should be much faster this time because we have new Graphics!!

Super Truck 66

Troy,

It is just to much fun racing with you and I only wish it could be more often! You are right! When the stars align the truck and GTM are the best show on the track!

3 weeks and counting!

RM

I really enjoyed talking to the Truck team. You guys were great. We're going to try and adapt some of your front body clip ideas to our car. What a simple way to get things on and off.

I like the atmosphere that all the competitors bring to the enduro. Nice change of pace.

Unfortunately we had our engine go south at our T&T on Sunday. We're rushing to try and find a permanent fix to our oiling problems. I should change my sig to "its dead again."

Bob

We are going to miss BW, but we are trying to make it to the August Thunderhill race. Should be nice and hot by then!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...