jaje

Living in NorCal

jaje

How do most of those who live in the Cupertino area afford racing? Where do you store cars afford-ably and safely? Reason I'm asking this is we could possibly have to move this year and the sticker shock is quite a scary concept.

slammed_93_hatch

we don't live in the bay area... hahahah

Consider communing?

Calif_Kid

Some areas will be more expensive than others, so I would suggest living in say Sunnyvale instead of Cupertino or Los Altos, keeping in mind that some areas in Sunnyvale are nicer than others. The school district will also have a large effect on the price of a house in case you are thinking of buying, but the real estate agents should be able to give all of that info.

Are you thinking about renting an apartment or house, or buying a house? If you are going to rent an apartment, then I'm not sure where a good place to store a car would be. I've got a house in Sunnyvale, with enough room on the side for my trailer and car, so that works well, as it might not be allowed to leave them on the street for a long time.

- Jim

jaje

I think what we will do if we do move out there is rent a condo / apt for a couple months; get to know the area; visit schools (we have younger child) to find one that we like; find a soccer team he can join (as he plays up a level with older kids - competitive / premiere league) and then figure out commutes and then find a house or townhouse that fits our budget.

Rook

Anyone have suggestions for the Monterey area? I'm moving there next week to go to DLI and need to find a place.

...not sure if I'm more worried about that or my car passing inspection.

slammed_93_hatch
Anyone have suggestions for the Monterey area? I'm moving there next week to go to DLI and need to find a place.

...not sure if I'm more worried about that or my car passing inspection.

Salinas should be WAY cheaper then monterey. It isn't the "nicest" place but should be affordable

pederb

Oakland is good and cheap, close to everything

wlfpkrcn1
Oakland is good and cheap, close to everything

Lots of diversity and crime!

pederb

Not more then it was when I lived in LA, actually it's less here.

I Don't know why Oakland gt such a bad rap, probably from people who never been here.

wlfpkrcn1

I work on the Oakland/Berkeley border. Have friends that live in Oakland. Have spent lots of time in Oakland. I would never live in Oakland

pederb
I work on the Oakland/Berkeley border. Have friends that live in Oakland. Have spent lots of time in Oakland. I would never live in Oakland

Where in Oakland does your friends live? East Oakland close to International Blvd? If so I understand.

Like most cities there a good and there are bad areas, I live in Jack London Square and I love it.