Considering running my first HPDE with my G8 GT. Need advice

Tempest2000

• Members

If youre going to any of the MidAtlantic events, I can deliver the pads to the track and you can save on shipping.

Like others have said, slotted wont do anything. XP10/XP8 is a decent combo especially for HPDE1. Lemme know if I can help, thanks.

If youre going to any of the MidAtlantic events, I can deliver the pads to the track and you can save on shipping.

Like others have said, slotted wont do anything. XP10/XP8 is a decent combo especially for HPDE1. Lemme know if I can help, thanks.

I've used Eric for brake stuff, and you can't beat the price or the service!

Yeah I still don't get keeping buick and ditching pontiac, but I'm biased I have owned 2 firebirds before my G8.

I work for a GM dealership and I asked the same questions myself. I finally got an answer from one of the regional reps. Thank the Chinese. Buick is a huge seller in China.

XP10 & XP 8 will drive your ABS nuts on street tires. That is a rather aggressive setup. Fresh ATE SuperBLue brake fluid, XP 8's is all I would worry about. In the Corvettes we use stock rotors...most of us anyway. After having turned your rotors you might have an issue with the heat. They are now thinner than stock and can't take as much heat.

Don't overthink this. Good brakes, tires, fluids, most of all helmet and a good attitude is all you'll need.

Bob

Bob,

The reason carbotech suggested the 10's was my car weight of 4000lbs. Do you think even with the extra weight that 10's would be too much?

Yeah I'm buying a new set of rotors for sure.