TTB - Car choice - C5 vs. Evo

Bnjmn

• Members

Run video, and don't draft people. Seems pretty simple.

SEEMS simple, but we grid by time and are spaced apart by a couple car lengths. If you hold back too far before the start, you are then DQ'd for not being close enough.

Im not looking to whine, complain or pick a fight here. I thought I had a legitimate concern, but it appears it isnt, so Ill stop now. Before you know it, people are going to start calling me KBrew I KID!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• drivinhardz06

• Eric W.

• sperkins

SEEMS simple, but we grid by time and are spaced apart by a couple car lengths. If you hold back too far before the start, you are then DQ'd for not being close enough.

Im not looking to whine, complain or pick a fight here. I thought I had a legitimate concern, but it appears it isnt, so Ill stop now. Before you know it, people are going to start calling me KBrew I KID!

No, people like you.

It does come down to regional for most compliance issues

Edited by Guest

did you see him crack the throttle in order not to show his cards when we all 3 of us were doing a backstraight drag race?

I had to. Didn't want a DQ for drafting.

No people like you.

Should I read that as it is keyed or with a comma after "no?"

Eric, no one likes you!!!

I blame the Blackberry

if I catch you because you're slow and you don't just let me by, anything I catch off of you should be fair game...

No people like you.

Should I read that as it is keyed or with a comma after "no?"

Eric, no one likes you!!!

I like you, but that's because you bring my brake stuff to the track and you usually have beer!

We definitely lose more under braking than we gain drafting. Sure does make T9 interesting with no air on the car though. It's probably going to result in a big pile of black and red fiberglass someday.

We definitely lose more under braking than we gain drafting. Sure does make T9 interesting with no air on the car though. It's probably going to result in a big pile of black and red fiberglass someday.

I sure hope not.

I'm running out of storage spots for wrecked C5Zs

I'm running out of storage spots for wrecked C5Zs

I still have plenty of space and can break them down pretty quickly.

But I would prefer we keep them intact

• 2 weeks later...
A well used version of each looks to be around $11k.

My daily driver is an 05 Evo. It's a wonderful car.

$11k Evos are beat to hell Evos that will need work. I'd avoid those. Decent Evo VIIIs go for around $15k-$18k and Evo IXs a bit more than that. If you can swing it, get the Evo IX over the VIII. More low-end torque and it's more refined.

• 4 weeks later...
I think Eric just broke the VIR record. E36 people. Just sayin. And his car is for sale.

And crushed my Summit record.

• Members
I think Eric just broke the VIR record. E36 people. Just sayin. And his car is for sale.

And crushed my Summit record.

That wasnt me. That was Mike Skeen

• 4 weeks later...

new set up in town.

FI ( twin screw) RX8 (TTC base ) I think I will be classed TTB after weight and dyno done.

has KW varient 3's coilovers

RB sways

hoosier R-6's--- 245/35/18 ( need to knock off 2 points)

? since I have 4 doors-- I wonder if I could get that allowance?

should be on track and competing by oct.

est dyno hp 310-320 range. Dynoing next month

competitive wgt est 3300lbs ( to fat)--weighing this month.

olddragger

? since I have 4 doors-- I wonder if I could get that allowance?

olddragger

It is a 4-door car, so I say yes! Better send an email to Greg to make sure, and let us know what he has to say.

Twin Screw RX8 will be a lot of fun on the track - are you going to intercool it?

good luck selling the RX8 as a 4-door my search is coming up dry but that one has been shot down before afaik

When they won't even give this the 4 door / hatchback break:

92802031990102-480.jpg

but this gets it:

audi-s4-pics1.jpg

meh. Even had some wording written up for it, falls on deaf ears.... as does rearranging the letters on the top classes so U is actually unlimited, etc, etc.

Just gotta suck it up, get over it, and have fun with what's given to you

The four door has to be a sedan or wagon, not a 2+2. Otherwise people would just paint rear doors on there cars and claim 4 door!

So just because the RX8 has half doors so fat kids can fit in the back doesn't make it a sedan. But I guess we will wait for the powers to be to officially decide

i always do the weird/different stuff

Insurance (at least mine) calls it a 4 door. Truth be told it is kinda half/half. Sorta like Allen on the TV show 2 1/2 Men.

Yes I have a air/water intercooler and I have water injection which actually does a better job than the intercooler. Intake charge temps (post blower) in bat out of hell mode are around 125F

This is AFTER my maf.

Rotary engines cannot tolerate detonation at all. It is not tuned for water injection--it is only there for protection. Running two nozzles one before the s.c. and one post. Total flow is 175 cc.

Its driven by the maf voltage so the flow is varable.

I do have engine temps below 200F on track.

It is a street driven car.

I est around 310-320 hp, but i will have only around 200 of tq--"whimper" so it will not be the power car on the straights. But, watch out for me in the braking zones and corners!

I think it will be a car that can hang in the middle or upper 1/3nd of the pack, but with ME driving--if my bifocals stay on straight--I will probably be a little futher back, with a big ass smile on my face.

OD