TTB - Car choice - C5 vs. Evo

Bnjmn

I run in TTB in the NE with my 00 Mustang, and there is a C5 VETTE in my class and he would be more than competitive in TTA. Also, there are EVO's running TTA in my region and I'm closer to them than I am the c5 vette.

So - based on how bad I am compared to the c5.... id say get the c5

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• drivinhardz06

• Eric W.

• sperkins

base model C5 F.T.W!!

Was that you who won at the Championships yesterday? If so, then congrats!

Everybody can rest assured that this car was inspected in tech on Sunday with a full list of suspension part numbers and dimensions (thanks to one of our TT directors who was able to email them to me on Saturday night).

Mark

If you look at the lap times, and everybody's always said that all the A-B-C, etc classes should be 2-3 secs apart, Ben's car is right in line with the TTA vette's. He proved what we've said all along, do all the free mods on a base car, A6's, and let it eat. And don't forget the driver part, he got up on the wheel and put it all together!

TTB-TTF still seem to be missing. But, these are the results that I know for sure:

PTC - a guy in an S2000 now hates me (supposed to be a PTB car)

TTE - a guy in a Solstice now hates me (supposed to be a TTD car)

Mark

I still love you. As long as my TTE car is still supposed to be a TTE car, haha.

TTB-TTF still seem to be missing. But, these are the results that I know for sure:

Mark

It is good to be hated. Means you have done your job.

C5 won TTB at nationals this year as well as a sweep in PTA. Also there are a lot of cool people who already run C5s who you can hang with and learn from.

C5 took top 2 in TTA and at least top spot in TTS.

I truly hope no stickered C5s will be allowed to run in TTB/PTB in the future. There is no comparison.. 2nd to last was separated by little more than a second. Then there was the C5

Of course I think the car is fairly classed. It is a bear to drive the floppy suspension, I think the wheel rates in my rental car may have been higher.

This was also my second time to the track in less than a month, which certainly helped compared to the other out of staters.

The TTC cars were into the 36s/low 37s, prior TTB nats record was 1:36.5, fwiw. All the records in the other classes have been lowered as well, the 1:35.9 follows that trend.

I'd love to head to VIR, but I set my schedule with work in April and can't get the days off. Finishing out the NE schedule and heading to TTA.

It is good to be hated. Means you have done your job.

Agreed. Also, most importantly, it means that the drivers and cars that finished at or near the top truly deserved to be there (as opposed to drivers who admit to not reading the rules but argue about them anyway).

Mark

Mark thanks for all your hard work, same for Eric J. and the rest of the Assist. TT directors

No problem! I had a blast, even though the fastest thing I drove was a rented Impala (which I "time trialed" from the hotel to the track each morning).

Mark

Mark thanks for all your hard work, same for Eric J. and the rest of the Assist. TT directors

No problem! I had a blast, even though the fastest thing I drove was a rented Impala (which I "time trialed" from the hotel to the track each morning).

Mark

next year maybe the TT directors can have a TT sessions, and the TT drivers will put on NASA shirts and get clipboards and be scrutineering for awhile

Mark

next year maybe the TT directors can have a TT sessions, and the TT drivers will put on NASA shirts and get clipboards and be scrutineering for awhile

I like that idea. They can have the WET sessions in their rental cars.

-Kevin Harvey

I truly hope no stickered C5s will be allowed to run in TTB/PTB in the future. There is no comparison.. 2nd to last was separated by little more than a second. Then there was the C5

You know I heard similar about a TTE Sentra once....

Mark

I like that idea. They can have the WET sessions in their rental cars.

-Kevin Harvey

Boy will you guys feel bad when we whip you...on track also....

And 60lbs of weight was immediately added by Greg.. C5 on RA1s would even it up.

didn't he even add weight to other generation Sentras as well?

And 60lbs of weight was immediately added by Greg.. C5 on RA1s would even it up.

To run A6s on a C5 you are at 255mm with 3246 min weight on a way soft suspension. RA1 is not in the same zipcode as you know. No one has built one in a lot of years since, in C5 world, it is a slow combo and very, very limited in what you can do (nothing but free mods). The nut behind the wheel was screwed on tight last week.

Point being, the C5 base class is generous. Everyone knows it as such, and that cant be argued otherwise. In stock trim the C5 exists at the ratio limit with a tune. No other car, that I can recall, exists this way. Ben can drive but thats not whats in question.

The track was far from being in ideal conditions at Nationals. Given better conditions, I would expect Ben to run a mid/high 1:34. In TTB..