• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeski38

• jmeris

• slammed_93_hatch

• Redstone

My dad and mark will be there for sure. Same car with a fresh b16a. I'm still trying to finish up a few things on the 2nd car. Brent and I will be sharing the 2nd car.

I'm thinking a record turnout for H2...

1. Me

2. Chris L

3. Jimmy

4. Zed

5. Bob

6. Vic

7. Donna

8. Chris S

9. Vito

10. Dave W

11. Liam

12. Graham

13. Austin

14. Andrew

15. Fred

sweet...

I'll be there racing in H2 if the owner of the car that I'll be racing will get off his ass!!! (hint hint)

1 car....2 drivers...

jmeris

I'm thinking a record turnout for H2...

1. Me

2. Chris L

3. Jimmy

4. Zed

5. Bob

6. Vic

7. Donna

8. Chris S

9. Vito

10. Dave W

11. Liam

12. Graham

13. Austin

14. Andrew

15. Fred

sweet...

Wait a minute!! What makes you #1?

I wrote the post..duh. Wow 16 h2 cars, very cool. Andrie, are you sure you don't want to use some of my 7" wheels? Still mounted with lovely R888's.

Edited by Guest

You guys better think about registering early then. That way the powers that be puts you in a good run group. All those cars mixed in with legends.......yikes!

John

Sitting on ass

You guys better think about registering early then. That way the powers that be puts you in a good run group. All those cars mixed in with legends.......yikes!

John

Sitting on ass

Not a bad idea. Hey group leader. How many cars do we need to sign up early for Jerry to move us into group B?

I wrote the post..duh. Wow 16 h2 cars, very cool. Andrie, are you sure you don't want to use some of my 7" wheels? Still mounted with lovely R888's.

won't. Be fair. I got aftermarket control arm and rear trunk carbon. Both are not legal for H2.

won't. Be fair. I got aftermarket control arm and rear trunk carbon. Both are not legal for H2.

Ballast penalty FTW.

Honda classes, UNITE!

With the pending cams approval for my car, it will need quite a bit of ballast. How much do you think I should be ballast at, if I'm running the car in H1 rule set? Just for info. The last race weekend at Infineon, I was running with 230 peak whp. This is up 25 peak whp from last year, due to new header and intake system. However, I lost power below 5500 rpm. So, I basically shifted the HP gain to the higher range of rpm.

I was also running 2725 lbs minimum weight using Jimmy's longacre scale.

The engine was H2 legal. Min weight in H2 is 2800 lbs plus 105 lbs for cage and damper, so 2,905 lbs.

With the new cams, I anticipate 245 peak whp. How much should I weigh?

With the pending cams approval for my car, it will need quite a bit of ballast. How much do you think I should be ballast at, if I'm running the car in H1 rule set?

400 pounds would be a conservative starting point. That could be interesting to have a rule that allows H1 cars to run H2 in H1 trim with a weight penalty.

Edited by Guest

Now will the ballast rule according to h1 since it is h1 car or h2. Cause if it is h2 it can complicate things cause some h1 cars already carrying ballast in location not allowed in h2.

Edit: on second thought it will follow h1 rule cause we are using h1 ruleset but allowing it to run h2 with 300 lbs penalty.

I think this is an interestig idea that I certainly would like to explore.

Edit: on second thought it will follow h1 rule cause we are using h1 ruleset but allowing it to run h2 with 300 lbs penalty.

Exactly! My thought would be full and complete H1 cars running H2 with the weight penalty. It would also help guys transition over to H2. Like our new H2 guy andrew with his RSX, there are a few minor illegal H2 parts, but he could legally run H2 with those parts with the penalty.

I know what some are thinking, this is a messy rule that some will try and take advantage of. I agree, but have 2 points to rebut. First, we are a club series that has a history of inconsistent fields, we need something to help consolidate our fields to help HC grow. Second, we choose this weight penatly carefully so this H1/2 car will not be entirely competitive with a proper H2 car to encourage the racer to make the car comply to the h2 ruleset.

Andrie, maybe experiment with different weights in your car this weekend to see what seems appropriate. You car is already really overweight so you shouldn't need too much balast. You still running a stock k24? ie H1 weight of 2450?...plus shocks and cage 'n stuff.

I was also running 2725 lbs minimum weight using Jimmy's longacre scale.

The engine was H2 legal. Min weight in H2 is 2800 lbs plus 105 lbs for cage and damper, so 2,905 lbs.

With the new cams, I anticipate 245 peak whp. How much should I weigh?

H1 weight of 2555 w/ k24 stock no cams, plus 400, 2955, so you basically will take a 50 lb hit for your wheels, rear suspension arms and truck lid...thats seams reasonable. You will be 200 lbs heavier then last weekend, and from what I could tell be following you, 200lbs will make it tough for you to run away with H2. I think it is a good starting point.

Brandons car, 2430 w/ cage, plus 400 2830 in H2.

The TSX will be allowed cams but with 150 lbs more weight. Putting it at 2600 lbs min weight. With cage and damper means my min weight will be 2705 lbs. Adding 400 lbs will put me to 3105. Meaning I have to find a place to put 400 lbs ballast. That's quite a bit!

I think the 300 lbs number is better

like you said with stock k24, I will need to be 2,955 lbs. Means I have to add 230 lbs. That makes much more sense to run stock cams. Unfortunately I just changed my cams last weekend in preparation for the next race.

I am interested, though. If this rule will ever go through.

Since you are all by yourself in H1 at this event, put as much weight in your car that you think you would need to be slightly slower then a legit H2 car, and let us know what that works out to be.

400 pounds would be a conservative starting point. That could be interesting to have a rule that allows H1 cars to run H2 in H1 trim with a weight penalty.

It sucks to spend money and build a car to be fast in the premeire or "fastest" class of the series, then have to add weight (which cost money) to be in the "slower" class, but yet bigger field that actually has competition. I know it, cause I'm doing it.

But it's either that or race by myself

Not to thread jack but is this ballast thing a local issue or is it going to be a new national rule? If it becomes a new rule I'm gonna be pissed. As 4 months ago I had a discussion on this forum about classing by power to weight based on engine and that seemed to be shot down. From what I've read if this becomes a ligit rule. You can take an H1 B18C1 add any cam, full port on the head and run at 2500# (300# over H1) weight which is the same weight as a stock ITR motor in an H2 car.

Sorry for posting if this is just a norcal issue.

I think the direction of this theoratical rule was to allow currently built H1 cars to run in H2 with a severe weight penalty and not allow someone to build an H1 car to run at H2 weight.

One issue to consider about this experiment; I believe you're only allowed 200# max of balast. But I have to go double check the rulebook on that one.

We are just chatting. No one who has participated in this conversation thusfar holds any official position in HC. My thoughts are that we are a small club series struggling for consistent fields, so we should try and unite our classes.