can I do tech at the track?

fsutton

• 2 months later...

NORCAL NASA

Car was inspected HPDE tech station prior to first HPDE event.

Will car need to be reinspected for second HPDE event?

( same year )

I looked through forum and HPDE site, btw.

if yer tracking yer daily driver, u should to complete tech inspection prior to every event. the guys with race cars do an annual tech but they don't daily drive their race cars.

it's not just paper pushing. inspection is to make sure yer car is running and safe for the track! so what if the car passed inspection 2 months ago. what's to say your car's not running low on brake fluid or some other mechanical issue now?

I instruct in my street driven 92 Corvette, I have to fill out the same HPDE inspection form.

I check EVERYTHING I can put a wrench on, or put my hands on to wiggle, push and pull.

When I fill out the form for an event I know my car is as safe as I can make it.

OBTW - unless you are running SRF brake fluid, FLUSH your brake fluid at least once a year. That SRF is expensive.

From Feb to Dec I'm at the track at least once a month, I'm using valvoline synthetic dot3/4 and I flush every 3 months.

I replaced all calipers and master over the winter and bleeding after every event and the flush cycle the brakes are the best they have ever been in four years.