GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge - 7/23/10 @ VIR

getfast

Hey guys, it's almost that time again! The 4th annual Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge presented by Grassroots Motorsports will be Friday July 23 at VIR (full course) with NASA Mid-Atlantic. Details so far are here:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/UTCC2010/

This is a NASA TT by GRM classing, so all drivers must be TT qualified and all cars must pass NASA HPDE tech.

For event-related and driver-qualification questions, please contact Jon Felton at NASA, jon (at) get (dash) fast (dot) net

For classing- and entry-related questions, please contact Scott Lear at GRM, scott (at) grassrootsmotorsports (dot) com

For results, pics, and coverage from last year's UTCC, please see http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/utcc-2009/

Thanks!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• getfast

• 1LapSRT

• smokinjoe

• drivinhardz06

When does GRM pick/announce the entries?

Good question. It's well into the future from now, I think last year it was about 2 months out? I believe they send invites from what they see & like on the CarDomain pages, as well as to some if not all of the prior entrants.

for most of us its not about winning, its about getting into the magazine and having a chance to showcase our weapons of choice

Looks like my brother is gonna try this out, so I'll be crewbitch

What is the approximate entry fee? I might think about doing it myself too if the cost is right.

MSP/Justin, any chance I might have instructed you at your first DE on Shenandoah a few years ago? I remember a young guy named Justin with a blue STi there with his dad... I spent the majority of my time puking in the pits

Must've been a different Justin...in a blue STi...with his Dad at the track, haha. My first HPDE event was exactly 2 years ago, VIR in March with Mid-Atlantic. I have seen another Justin in a blue STi at a BRR-SCCA autox. It confused the crap out of the guy announcing.