• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• getfast

• 1LapSRT

• smokinjoe

• drivinhardz06

Is this run like a regular track day schedule? Will we have 3, 4 or 5 sessions? How long each session? Will all the classes run in the same group? Grid by times?

Is this run like a regular track day schedule? Will we have 3, 4 or 5 sessions? How long each session? Will all the classes run in the same group? Grid by times?

This is all TBA soon. It will likely be two run groups, split by times from the warmup, then later sessions will be lined up by prior session times... just like we did last year, and that worked out fine.

Our first round of invitations have been sent, it looks like we're going to have a pretty amazing assortment of cars this year, and some surprises, too.

If you signed up at Cardomain but never got a message from the GRM staff, it probably got shuffled into your spam folder. Don't hesitate to contact [email protected] with your story and the info on your car, we've had a few hopefuls that had to withdraw with busted cars or conflicts, so spots periodically open up. It never hurts to try for a slot, the worst I can do is say "no." Please drop me a line if you were hoping to participate in the event and haven't already gotten your invitation.

Thanks,

Scott Lear

Grassroots Motorsports

This is all TBA soon. It will likely be two run groups, split by times from the warmup, then later sessions will be lined up by prior session times... just like we did last year, and that worked out fine.

That sounds like a good plan. Hopefully we get more than three sessions (for those of us who don't know the track and are hauling 12 hours to do this event).

Hey Bill, join the club! The Sentra is in varsity too.. and I'm N/A

Why are you running in Varsity if you are N/A? Hell, I am running Varsity and plan on getting slaughtered!

Got invited last year but couldn't go.

I'm in this year! Looking for to it; but not the 14hr tow!

Be kind when lapping me.

Following up, now that I have seen the tentative schedule, which will soon be posted at http://www.nasaracing.net/VIR_July_10/event.htm ...

UTCC will be one early ~25min warmup for everyone, which will then be split into A and B groups by times. The A & B groups will then each get three timed sessions (2x20min + 1x15min) spread across the rest of the day. Later sessions will be gridded by prior session times.

Hope it helps,

Jon

Jon, could it be considered to have the first session timed? Giving us 4 chances to clock a fast lap. A lot of us TT'ers run our fastest lap in the cooler air and I assume a good bit of us know VIR?

Wanted to throw it out there. Thx

Good question but not a good idea in my opinion; too much risk of people pushing too hard too early. Traditionally we have more 4-offs/spins/etc in the warmup than any other session, and there will be more than a few UTCC'ers who have never been to VIR before. Second session (i.e. first timed session) is on the tentative schedule at 10:45am (group A) or 11:05am (group B.) So, early enough to get a flyer in before the heat of the day...

with Jon also on this. Plus in the first session...ALL the UTCC cars will be on the track at the same time. Track will be very busy that session.