GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge - 7/23/10 @ VIR

getfast

with Jon also on this. Plus in the first session...ALL the UTCC cars will be on the track at the same time. Track will be very busy that session.

will there be flags for drafting ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• getfast

• 1LapSRT

• smokinjoe

• ff2skip

Good question but not a good idea in my opinion; too much risk of people pushing too hard too early. Traditionally we have more 4-offs/spins/etc in the warmup than any other session, and there will be more than a few UTCC'ers who have never been to VIR before. Second session (i.e. first timed session) is on the tentative schedule at 10:45am (group A) or 11:05am (group B.) So, early enough to get a flyer in before the heat of the day...

It was 94* for my 11am session yesterday!

It was 94* for my 11am session yesterday!

I agree. My 1200 session was close to that, although it didn't seem as hot as Atlanta last month. Maybe it was because yesterday I was sitting by the pool drinking muh beers.

Thanks for the info Jon, it helps to plan tire management and I agree about the warmup, not everyone knows the track well. Safety first!

That will all be covered in a big email to all registered participants in the next few days. I will post a pdf of that email shortly thereafter, just in case.

But yes, it's TT passing rules all day long... anywhere anytime with or without a point-by, overtaking car goes offline to pass, no requirement for slower car to "get out of the way."

The groups will be split based on the times taken during the warmup, so they are equally sized, and everyone is (in theory) running right near other cars with similar lap times, regardless of class. This is the best way to (in theory) get clean laps for everyone.

we need to start a picture thread, who's car is in the most pieces with the least amount of days before the event

right now I"ve got the drivetrain out and all of the suspension, and 1/4 of the body panels

we need to start a picture thread, who's car is in the most pieces with the least amount of days before the event

right now I"ve got the drivetrain out and all of the suspension, and 1/4 of the body panels

I thought you reserved that level of mahem for mid-day during the event!

We attacked my car with a hole saw, a body saw and a cutting wheel last night! Time to mount up the super-stickies and get balanced & aligned.

Registered UTCC drivers, you've got mail! This is a big one with a whole lot of related details. Please check your spam/bulk folder just in case, and pm or email me if it doesn't show up.

Thanks!

Jon

Jon, thanks for the detailed email. Could you switch me (Joe Ippolito) from JV Independent to Varsity Independent? Unless you can make an exception for a V6 Sentra

Thanks

4 days to go and we still have two broken axles and we're cutting the core support to make room for some new ducting and radiator relocation! Here's to hoping it all gets done

2radj.jpg

UTCC'ers, you have one more email from me, tidying up a few last minute details. If you didn't get it, please pm or email me.

Thanks,

Jon

Great event Jon and Scott! We'll be back next year, and this time stick around for TT.

Here is a some in-car footage from our entry. We were way outclassed in Varsity Indp, but managed to place well for a FWD. Good times!

How do we get a nice copy of the final results? I found one floating around the track late Friday that had the POS, PIC, Class, Car #, Name, Best Time, Session # of best time, hometown, year of car, make/model of car, sponsors... and all the competitors were on a single page.

This is a rough copy though and I would like to be able to print it out anew for some sponsorship mailings.....

James/Jon/Chris,

Any chance you could link us to that type of results sheet?

Many Thanks from the Uber-Neon!