Greg, is it possible...

Falcon

to require the ST-2 racers to display a small sticker on the side of their car showing the Horsepower and Minimum weight? That would allow us fellow racers see what we're dealing with, and possibly see something that might be askew.

It's difficult to run down the ST directors at these events and get the paperwork to satisfy our curiosity when warranted.

Recently, someone tried to enter a car that was pretty much out of ST2 spec, and had I not been there when he was entering to ask some questions, he would have run in ST2 and the results would have wrong, but by then the horse would have been out of the barn.

With the data posted on the car, obvious discrepancies will be obvious to the fellow racers before we ever take the grid.

• National Staff

Jody,

That seems to be a good idea. NASA does have stickers already that can be put on the windshield with this info. I discussed it with Shawn. Why don't we start having our drivers put the stickers on voluntarily now, and then we will enforce them at the Championships this year as a test. We will write this into the rules for 2011 if there are no issues that come up.

Sounds good to me 364/3150 running 275's all around so will be 100lbs over...just need a good start, then block Ken the rest of the way

• National Staff
Thanks!

BTW, how can we get some of these stickers?

Jody, I know that our Tech guys have them in SoCal. Check with your Tech guys. They may have them already. If they don't, ask Jim to get them from Ryan.

Jody,

That seems to be a good idea. NASA does have stickers already that can be put on the windshield with this info. I discussed it with Shawn. Why don't we start having our drivers put the stickers on voluntarily now, and then we will enforce them at the Championships this year as a test. We will write this into the rules for 2011 if there are no issues that come up.

Great idea. We would need to include the modifyers to make the minimum weight accurate. Example: I'm a 249 hp car with neg .75 for slicks, and neg .25 for weight a total neg of 1.0 points. So I would figure at 9.7 (8.7 + my 1 neg point). 249 x 9.7 = minimum weight of 2415.

Is that what you would want to see on the sticker, the modified minimum weight/rwhp?

• National Staff

Yes. You need to put your minimum weight on the sticker based on your Dyno graph and your ST Car Classification Form.

what weight you're at and what hp you're at is how I've seen them be used. That way you can get sent straight to tech, get checked, and they've got the sticker right there to see if you're over or under the respective parts

Aww Jody... What's the big deal... he was only 600 pounds too light...

All kidding aside.. I agree with this. I openly tell people what my car weighs and dynos. I have access to a local dyno so I generally will dyno the car multiple times throught the year so see how it's making/losing power.

Aww Jody... What's the big deal... he was only 600 pounds too light...

Yea, 600 #'s wouldn't even be noticed! Heck, that's almost a rounding error!

Jody,

We have these stickers on all cars in the Great Lakes and Midwest Region. Is sometimes takes time to get the info transfered, but once submitted it automatically shows up on future event.

So........if you would make the trip up north to MO you could see them:)