Looking for mentors - autox, hpdes, w2w racing

granracing

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a mentor program to help people get into the various types of motorsports listed in the thread title. The program has reached a point where we're ready to recruit mentors - which means you!

Your time commitment: Honestly, not much. The goal is to have someone a noob can contact either via e-mail and/or phone (totally up to you) to talk to about some of the basics. Basically just be someone a person new to racing can get some reassurance from.

The point of this is not for you to walk a person through every step of getting out on the track nor coach them on driving technique. This will be clearly stated to people on the student application. In the next month or so, I'll be putting up the contents of the book I wrote online for people to access for free which details many of the steps necessary for them to get out there. (I should probably also note there will also be no charge for students to enroll into the mentor program.)

Level of experience you need to have: If you've gotten out on the autox course or race track a few times, you can absolutely help!

If at any point you want to be removed from the list, have questions or need some advice with something related to your student, or feel that your student would be a better match for someone else for whatever reason, that won't be a problem.

Please take a moment to think back to when you first started and how just a small amount of reassurance can truly make a difference. Below is a link to the brief form for you to complete. Thank you for your support with this!

http://goaheadtakethewheel.com/mentor.php