Camber

matt325

I just had my car up for an alignment, and the camber was less than I was expecting. With the Vorshlag plates set to the max, I have about 2.6 deg. negative camber. I double checked with my home-made camber gauge.

I was expecting the camber plates to provide gobs of negative camber, but since our ride height isn't really all that low, this might not be actually feasible.

Since everything in the front suspension is fixed on our cars, I was wondering what kind of max camber the rest of you guys are able to get.

I was only able to get -2.5 deg. on the passenger side, but I have a ton of adjustment left on the camber plate on the drivers side and think I could get around -3.5 deg. I think the strut mounting point is bent on one of the sides and is limiting my camber adjustment.

Is it legal to use shims like the kit bimmerworld sells to get the camber you want?

http://store.bimmerworld.com/e36-front-camber-shim-kit-p610.aspx

Thanks guys...just wanted to make sure I didn't have something wrong.

locsicom, I don't recall seeing anything in the rules about the bimmerworld kit, which means they are not allowed. Maybe Jon can comment.

• Members
Thanks guys...just wanted to make sure I didn't have something wrong.

locsicom, I don't recall seeing anything in the rules about the bimmerworld kit, which means they are not allowed. Maybe Jon can comment.

Standard rule, if it does not specifically say you can...YOU CAN'T.

I'll see if I can get an updated camber calc the weekend of the next race.

We recently decided to take some caster out of the front in an effort to increase camber via moving the camber plate. I think we picked up another couple tenths.

Jon