Windshield banner

firehawkclone

I remember alot of people talking about this http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/?p=93 banner at/ after the nationals, I think everybody like it. What do you guy's think? Would you like a new banner? Do you think there should be more on the side of the car? I don't know what this would cost, can anyone help?

We have alot of passion for our series' should we show it off more?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Horse

• firehawkclone

• stevepoe

• pederb

Top_Rendering.jpg

It's way to dark and hard to read and the purpose of the banner is that the car's class should be easy to identify.

Maybe with a white background?

Top_Rendering.jpg

It's way to dark and hard to read and the purpose of the banner is that the car's class should be easy to identify.

Maybe with a white background?

I agree. It's tough to read, especially on track. Although it does look pretty cool for a promo shot, like this one.

We already have NASA stickers on the cars. I don't think the windshield banner needs to have NASA in big bold letters. I think being able to read the AI banner easily is important.

I agree with Steve, I like the banner that Dave came up with alot better than plain block letters.........Lets leave the block letters to the 70's.

This setup looks much better in person than the animated picture in the above link.

Brian

I like the way it is............big bold unmistakable "import intimidater".....coming your way......make a hole and make it BIG!

If you can't read it, you're blind!

Brian or Steve, do you have real life pic's of the banner?

I think just having the red/white/blue "American Iron Racing" would be really cool! And set us apart from the rest. I don't think its a bad thing to have NASA up there IMHO. Maybe the NASA lettering could be changed to White or something.

Who is good with photoshop? Can someone work something up with a little more flavor? Something lighter, but with color.

my question is how much required identification is too much? We are required to run NASA on all four corners. We are required to run Toyo on all four corners. We are now required to run the AI class ID on both sides and the rear. We are required to run the windshield banner. We are required to run the car number in 4 places.

When my rear bumper is too busy with required graphics that I don't have room for a bumper sticker sized decal for a paying sponsor, its getting out of hand. Am I wrong?

• Members

Yep...you could have all of those requirements and be driving a formula car with 1/8th the amount of real estate.

Seriously, the actual room taken up by required decals is not too much and is necessary for identification by corner workers. The windshield banner is all ours however. I'd like to see something more modern looking too, I just dont think the example on that camaro is it.

my question is how much required identification is too much? We are required to run NASA on all four corners. We are required to run Toyo on all four corners. We are now required to run the AI class ID on both sides and the rear. We are required to run the windshield banner. We are required to run the car number in 4 places.

When my rear bumper is too busy with required graphics that I don't have room for a bumper sticker sized decal for a paying sponsor, its getting out of hand. Am I wrong?

There is NO requirement for stickers or numbers on the rear bumper, only at the rear of the car. If you put them on the rear bumper is up to you. In most racing groups outside NASA they have a template showing exactly where to put ID stickers and other series sponsor stickers. I think NASA is very relaxed when it come to this.

Cheers

I was waiting for someone to get upset about a new sticker Rob your very lucky to have this problem of finding a spot for a "pay sponsor" sticker! Sorry for the trouble bud!

There is NO requirement for stickers or numbers on the rear bumper, only at the rear of the car.

Cheers

I'm finishing my build, and just ordered numbers, etc for the car. I don't see where more than 2 numbers/class designations are required, one on each side. Is this not the case??

From the 2010 rulebook:

8.3 Appearance

8.3.1 All cars are required to display at least four official NASA racing stickers. One shall be placed on

the front, rear, and each side of the vehicle.

8.3.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also

display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.

8.3.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in

contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials. Contact series officials for supplies.

8.3.4 The driver’s last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the bottom right section

of the windshield in white block letters between three and five inches in height.

8.3.5 All cars must display their assigned car number on both sides which must be at least 10 inches tall

with a contrasting color. Class identification must be at least 3 inches tall and be located in close

proximity to the number.

Edited by Guest

That decal is just awful!

great thing is that the rules don't say specific what "amercan iron" decal you have to run.

so if you want to run that old 70's looking standard block letter white decal then have at it.

There is NO requirement for stickers or numbers on the rear bumper, only at the rear of the car.

Cheers

I'm finishing my build, and just ordered numbers, etc for the car. I don't see where more than 2 numbers/class designations are required, one on each side. Is this not the case??

From the 2010 rulebook:

8.3 Appearance

8.3.1 All cars are required to display at least four official NASA racing stickers. One shall be placed on

the front, rear, and each side of the vehicle.

8.3.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also

display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.

8.3.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in

contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials. Contact series officials for supplies.

8.3.4 The driver’s last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the bottom right section

of the windshield in white block letters between three and five inches in height.

8.3.5 All cars must display their assigned car number on both sides which must be at least 10 inches tall

with a contrasting color. Class identification must be at least 3 inches tall and be located in close

proximity to the number.

The requirement is in the CCR's....as it was explained at our regional officials meeting earlier this year, the CCR will be enforced in TX and most other regions for that matter. Apparently corner workers are having a hard time identifying cars running door to door. Sounds to me the cornerworkers need their eyes checked or better procedures for the next station picking up the correct car. We do it all the time at our school events and have no issues....most of the time we don't even have car numbers and still get the correct car called in.

The new sticker is cool...on paper. Not on blacked out windshields. I'm a fan of less stickers unless they are advertising for someone who pays for my fun. No pay, no space. Besides, my stock paint still looks great!

also seems AI/CMC are the only series requiring windsheild banners but need to do more research on that one.

I just did a similar design banner for a Time Trialer in NC. Give me a day or two as I have some ideas to make the new style AI windshield banner stand out a whole lot better. Stay tuned!

I just did a similar design banner for a Time Trialer in NC. Give me a day or two as I have some ideas to make the new style AI windshield banner stand out a whole lot better. Stay tuned!

When you do call me I'll be your test mule.lol. btw the graphics you did for my car . "EXCELLENT" Thanks. amazing how much better they go on when they are warm and the metal is warm.

Guys dave should be your guy for decals. I seriously doubt you can get pricing like he gives.

Here is a quick sketch of the ones I did for the Time Trial folks. With a little white outlining and some other rearrangement I think we can come up with a killer AI banner.

837635246_MixRH-L.jpg

(The black is to simulate the windshield)