• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Horse

• firehawkclone

• stevepoe

• pederb

Here is what I whipped up for the update to the AI banner - let me know what you think (the black is to simulate the windshield):

841481354_H4z6n-M.jpg

I left the NASA in place but only in red to let it be a bit understated while the white outline should let the American Iron Racing "pop" out much better than the first go-round.

I agree, drop nasa.

Drop the flag, racing, put iron after american and make all the letters white, kinda like what we got!

That way people can read it and it looks really American V-8 cool!

just my .0199 cents

Here it is with the NASA, flag and racing removed. Would have to "curve" it a bit to make it fit to the wrap of the windshield.

844935658_Pht9T-M.jpg

That looks cool!

Wonder if the Iron's gry color would show-up okay?

It is actually silver, and with the white outline it should pop real well.

For my fellow AI/X racers I'll be more than glad to make these up just to cover my costs.

$12.00 ea. plus shipping and tax if you are in Ohio (shipping would probably be $5)

If anyone wants to get a handful of them to sell at the next event or in your local area it would save you a bunch on shipping.

If you want to look at it as a group buy, if we can get over 30 ordered I should be able to knock the cost down to $10 each.

If the National NASA/AI leadership wants to make this the norm for the class, give me a call, maybe we can work something out.

PM or email me at hyperperform (at) aol.com

They look great David and I like the concept of a bolder splashier banner...however...

Right now, the class legal windshield banner for an American Iron race is what is spec'd in the rules in bold block lettering 4" tall.

Those decals will look great on a street car or on your tow vehicle, but if you're racing at Nationals or in a regional race....you will have to have the uniform windshield banner style in 2010.

With that said, for 2011...I'm not opposed to a new look and we can review different designs. Our goal would be to have a series sponsor pick up the tab for the windshield banners and then your series director will supply them to you at no cost. Obviously, a series sponsor may actually want their logo on that left side or somewhere on the car, but the goal is to have a uniform decal package on the cars.

-=- Todd Covini

It's a shame we can't get simple stuff done. We can run people out of the series pretty good though.

I don't mind putting on a series sponsor banner, just as long they make parts for my car!

David I'll take the 3 large ones for the trailer/ gun range.

They look great David and I like the concept of a bolder splashier banner...however...

Right now, the class legal windshield banner for an American Iron race is what is spec'd in the rules in bold block lettering 4" tall.

Those decals will look great on a street car or on your tow vehicle, but if you're racing at Nationals or in a regional race....you will have to have the uniform windshield banner style in 2010.

With that said, for 2011...I'm not opposed to a new look and we can review different designs. Our goal would be to have a series sponsor pick up the tab for the windshield banners and then your series director will supply them to you at no cost. Obviously, a series sponsor may actually want their logo on that left side or somewhere on the car, but the goal is to have a uniform decal package on the cars.

-=- Todd Covini

Ahem.....(hint, hint, nudge, nudge) "If the National NASA/AI leadership wants to make this the norm for the class, give me a call, maybe we can work something out."

An by the way....the new design will meet the rules as I read them:

8.3.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials.

The new design is definately "bold block letters", is in contrasting color and is over the 2.5" height requirement (the current white AI banner is no where near 4" tall)

My bad David...I should have said X" block lettering per the rules....I didn't have my rulebook beside me.

The size denoted in the rules is for the lettering....not the width of the decal.

The goal is for easy to read, uniform class look, series promotion.

Let's talk....but we generally try to avoid mid-season rules changes.

Todd

My bad David...I should have said X" block lettering per the rules....I didn't have my rulebook beside me.

The size denoted in the rules is for the lettering....not the width of the decal.

The goal is for easy to read, uniform class look, series promotion.

Let's talk....but we generally try to avoid mid-season rules changes.

Todd

Call me, let's discuss - I have a few thoughts you might like the sound of.

(and the new design STILL meets the rules ~lol~ )

So, where do we get the official banner? I'm trying to get stickered up, I actually put in an order with Dave, and he was stand up enough to say, "whoa, I don't want to take your money because there are questions about its legality."

???

While it is not the official AI decal I think it is legal to use. Rule simply says AI min 2.5" tall contrast colors and that decal fits the bill. I would get one myself but I just put on the old standby AI in white block letters. If you dont have one yet by all means get one. They look pretty cool.

So, where do we get the official banner? I'm trying to get stickered up, I actually put in an order with Dave, and he was stand up enough to say, "whoa, I don't want to take your money because there are questions about its legality."

???

Contact your local AI Director, in your case it's Adam Ginsberg

While it is not the official AI decal I think it is legal to use. Rule simply says AI min 2.5" tall contrast colors and that decal fits the bill. I would get one myself but I just put on the old standby AI in white block letters. If you dont have one yet by all means get one. They look pretty cool.

Wrong answer.

Guys...we really want to have a uniform look within the region, as well as nationally. Photos of Northeast AI cars should look similar to photos of California AI cars...it's called "brand recognition". The only reason why we stated "contrast colors" and not "white" was that we had some cars going after a monochromatic look and so they used that color to match their car...but the font, block and style of the official AI decal should be the same as everyone elses. If the rule needs more clarity we can update it or I can put out a tech bulletin to state the same in the interim.

I talked to Dave today and he has some great ideas, concepts & designs. We'll consider some plans/proposals for the future, but for right now if you show up to an event with a non-standard windshield banner you could likely be required to replace it...don't put yourself in that position.

-=- Todd

my2c.gif

I think nationally, you must have uniformity when it comes to a "required" windshield banner. If you have it just a rule that it must say "American Iron" and not mandate HOW it looks specifically, it could come across as sloppy and lack professionalism for the series. Take a look at your pro series, NASCAR Nationwide, Continental Tire and others, they all use the sponsors logo/font for their windshield banner and all of those cars lined up look great. I know it is not a great comparison as American Iron is not a paying sponsor BUT as competitors looking for the series to appear as great as it is, I would hope that everyone can come together and agree on a universal logo to be used for the banner. Honestly, as someone looking for a new series to participate in, competitors coming together in support of their series is a big plus for me. Yeah, I know it is just a sticker, but it is one of those pet peeves of mine that I would be more than happy to explain in detail to someone if they really wanna know.

Sometimes midseason change's are a good thing. Todd everybody seems to like it! So appove it or ban it!

But get to doin something around here!

Wrong answer.

Guys...we really want to have a uniform look within the region, as well as nationally. Photos of Northeast AI cars should look similar to photos of California AI cars...it's called "brand recognition". The only reason why we stated "contrast colors" and not "white" was that we had some cars going after a monochromatic look and so they used that color to match their car...but the font, block and style of the official AI decal should be the same as everyone elses. If the rule needs more clarity we can update it or I can put out a tech bulletin to state the same in the interim.

I talked to Dave today and he has some great ideas, concepts & designs. We'll consider some plans/proposals for the future, but for right now if you show up to an event with a non-standard windshield banner you could likely be required to replace it...don't put yourself in that position.

-=- Todd

Todd, I respectfully disagree. If you want uniformity in the series and brand recongnition, which I do as well, we need to change the rule on the decal. As the rule is now it is wide open so long as its 2.5" or taller.