considering a roll bar to get started..

1slowspec3

i know very little about cages so i been readying threads and nasa rules.. im learning a lot.

i also have some pics saved from other people's cars.

i was also wondering if you went all with CDS or DOM and what diameter?

are all tubes in car same diameter?

i am most interested in what a roll bar looks like in a 4 door so i can should the cage/roll bar builder for an estimate.

Any one have pics of how they are welding up their sunroof?

This is the design i like best from all i have seen.

IMG_3358.jpg

thanks

The bar you have pictured looks very extensive. I don't know much about it either, but it looks heavy and maybe you'll run into issues where it serves as a chassis stiffening device also, which I believe is not allowed in Spec3.

I would give Robbie at Piper Motorsport a call. Piper is very helpful even over the phone and they know their stuff and does great quality work.

My rear part of the cage goes to the floor in the back for two reasons: the angle to the main hoop is better, and the chassis is stronger there. The latter I guess is a debatable subject, and mine is a coupe so it might be different. And I installed just one diagonal from the passenger side up to the main hoop on the driver's side, mainly because of driver protection. I might add a full X later.

I think it should be fine. its just 4 points and i prefer the rear x lower for batter rear-ward view.

Do you have a picture of your cage in the rear?

this cars seems to be easy to get to min weight so im not to worried about cage weight, especially in the rear where the car is light anyways.

I think it should be fine. its just 4 points and i prefer the rear x lower for batter rear-ward view.

this cars seems to be easy to get to min weight so im not to worried about cage weight, especially in the rear where the car is light anyways.

Yeah, you're probably right. I like the lower X too considering rear view. I'll probably have some pictures tomorrow as I'm picking up the car then.

Yeah, you're probably right. I like the lower X too considering rear view. I'll probably have some pictures tomorrow as I'm picking up the car then.

Did you get any pics yet?

I got a quote for 950$ for the roll bar pictured above. Not a bad price considering how extensive it is.

Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions!

Did you get any pics yet?

I got a quote for 950$ for the roll bar pictured above. Not a bad price considering how extensive it is.

Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions!

Got a bit hectic before Summit Point, but I'll post up some pictures tonight or tomorrow probably. $950 doesn't sound bad at all.

Make sure though, that if you get just the rear half installed, talk to him about any rework needed to add the front bars. It might make more sense in the long run to just get a full cage if there is going to be a lot of extra labor to add the front bars that will complete the whole cage.

I was looking at about a few hundred extra dollars to add the front cage to the rear.

Just some food for though, back to summit!

Got a bit hectic before Summit Point, but I'll post up some pictures tonight or tomorrow probably. $950 doesn't sound bad at all.

I understand, thanks!

Make sure though, that if you get just the rear half installed, talk to him about any rework needed to add the front bars. It might make more sense in the long run to just get a full cage if there is going to be a lot of extra labor to add the front bars that will complete the whole cage.

I was looking at about a few hundred extra dollars to add the front cage to the rear.

Just some food for though, back to summit!

i agree 100% with you. problem is full cage = time to tow and no longer able to drive to events.

I will def be talking to the builder about the future. thanks.

What have you guys gone with? TIG or MIG?