Paisan

NASA Northeast Results, Points & Track Records

petemac
New ST2 record as well!

I noticed ... I will see you in August

Good Job bro! glad to see you running strong.

jackhaberman

Rookie here so forgive me if this was already covered (I searched but couldn't find the answer).

Why are overall finish positions and timing between each included in Thunder's Saturday results but not on Sunday's?

TIA

jackhaberman

Deleted -- duplicate post. Sorry.

Paisan
Rookie here so forgive me if this was already covered (I searched but couldn't find the answer).

Why are overall finish positions and timing between each included in Thunder's Saturday results but not on Sunday's?

TIA

Those are unofficial at this point. We've been changing around what data we've been showing on them to see what works best.

Overall position is not really relevant, only PIC. Mylaps has all the data in it so that's your best place to see the results.

-mike

pcdrj

Track records?

Paisan

They are printed at the bottom of the official results iirc.

Mike

pcdrj

Mike,

A new track record was set at Tbolt in SM class at the last event but... it was done on Hoosiers which are considered a little faster than the Spec Toyo's we run in NASA. We did run open tire that weekend with some folks on Hoosiers and others on Toyos. Maybe make a note in the record since it was set on Hoosiers? Maybe Tony can chime in.

Also the Lightning records from previous event are still not updated.

tonysenese

I really don't think about track records much so I completely overlooked this when we made the event open tires to bring in SCCA racers. Any record set in the sprint races that was done on Hoosier tires should be disallowed. These participants are covered in the CCR as "fun run" drivers as below.

22.5 Fun Runs

A driver may be allowed to participate in a race and be classified as a “fun run.” A fun run will not earn any

trophies, points, team points, prize money, etc. Cars must comply with ALL applicable safety rules. The Race

Director must approve fun run entries before the start of the race. No lap records should be awarded to any

driver or team that is participating in a fun run.

I did not discuss this ahead of time with anyone so it is my fault. I am willing to take suggestions at this point.

subaru927
I did not discuss this ahead of time with anyone so it is my fault. I am willing to take suggestions at this point.

I suggest tarring and feathering of Tony at the next event.

pcdrj

Tony, I know you, Marcus, and I were running Toyo's. Vic may have been on Hoosiers but he would have to confirm, The FOM cars were all on Hoosiers. I don't know what the others were running.

Sorry, didn't mean to open a Pandora's box here.

Paisan

We'll get the records updated eventually then folks can start talking about who was running what tires We'll just not count those folks toward track records who were running as fun runs. It's the group leaders responsibility to know who is doing fun runs and who's cars are compliant. I expect tony to be tarred and feathered if he don't get this straight!

-mike

PaulieP55

Mike,

Can you explain how the scoring works if you are the only car in class as well as a DNF? I was under the impression that you only receive 50 points if you are only the only car in class. If that is the case why was Ziggy was awarded 100 points when he was the only car in ST1 in the Sunday race at Lightning in the beginning of the year. Additionally, he was awarded 90 points for a DNF on Saturday at Thunderbolt.

I know time is limited but if you could also update the points and track records at Pocono(I set them for both days :0 ) it would be very helpful to me in making a decision as to making a race or skipping one for family vacation. The wifey isn't too happy about, but who cares!!!

Paisan

I will look into the ziggy issue for you.

Basically you don't need more than 1 car to get 100 points. You only need more than 1 car REGISTERED in your class. So for example I reg for specz but then Never show up but you registered in anticipation of me being there. You aren't penalized because I failed to show up. You came in good faith thinking there would be competition.

There shouldn't be a dnf for a single car in a class so I will check that.

Everyone set a track record this weekend because it is a new track.

I will update as soon as I can.

Mike

Paisan
Mike,

Can you explain how the scoring works if you are the only car in class as well as a DNF? I was under the impression that you only receive 50 points if you are only the only car in class. If that is the case why was Ziggy was awarded 100 points when he was the only car in ST1 in the Sunday race at Lightning in the beginning of the year. Additionally, he was awarded 90 points for a DNF on Saturday at Thunderbolt.

I know time is limited but if you could also update the points and track records at Pocono(I set them for both days :0 ) it would be very helpful to me in making a decision as to making a race or skipping one for family vacation. The wifey isn't too happy about, but who cares!!!

I did some research on this for you.

NJMP Lightning- ST1 had 2 competitors on Saturday, if you read the NASA NE CCR, it clearly states that if any other car than yourself is entered into your class, even if they never even make it to the track, you came to the track on good faith thinking you were going to have a competitor, therefore points are awarded in the normal NASA breakdown, even if you are the only competitor to enter the track in your class.

NJMP Thunderbolt- Ziggy did not get a DNF as per the NASA CCR, if a competitor completes at least 1/2 the laps of the lead car in his class, he is considered a "finisher". Therefore on Sunday's race he gets the full 90 points because he finished 2nd place.

Hope this helps, if I need to dig out the actual reg numbers I can if it will help folks understand the rules.

-mike

MatLussier

Mike, do qualification times count as track records, or does a lap time need to be recorded during a race?

Paisan
Mike, do qualification times count as track records, or does a lap time need to be recorded during a race?

Very good question. All track records are only during races in NASA.

Also if you are DQed from the race for any reason, your record doesn't count.

-mike

PaulieP55

Mike,

When will the scores for Round 4 be posted as well as the track records for Round 3 and 4?

Paisan

No track records for round 3.

Points and track records will be up for round 4 in about a week or so.

Mike

PaulieP55

Mike,

There were track records set at Pocono. Please take a look at ST1 and GTS3, at a minimum.

Paisan
Mike,

There were track records set at Pocono. Please take a look at ST1 and GTS3, at a minimum.

It is a completely new track. Therefore EVERYONE gets a new track record.

Mike

PaulieP55

Same configuration and same distance, just new pavement and curbing. I don't see how that makes it a new track. No other sanctioning body, like NASCAR, ARCA, SCCA, consider it a new track. Why do we? Why wasn't it a new track when they replaced the majority of it 2 years ago?

If that's the case, are you going to create a "New Pocono" track on there and load all of the times in? That seems silly.

rickg87
Mike,

It is a completely new track. Therefore EVERYONE gets a new track record.

Mike

Mike,

Not sure what that means. Are New records being recognized for Pocono? If not, then why?

I set one in GTS3 and beat the crap out of my car doing it. I would like to be recognized for it.

If Every class set a new track record then so be it.

Rick

Paisan

The track is significantly wider than it was previously, therefore we will be establishing "new" records for the "New Pocono Single Infield" Additionally Pocono is also ran in 2 different directions so there are basically "New Single CW" and "New Single CCW".

If you guys are so hung up on records, contact Joe Casella the regional director and we'll set the records however you guys want.

-mike