Ok, New Fish here

1Sicgt

Ok guys, I have a few questions. I have been doing Open Tracking for a little over 2 years now, about 1 event a month. So I am familiar with how to get around some of the tracks. We are planning on doing the OTC in August, but I wanted to try doing some Time Trial Events first. How do you sign up for these events? I did the class configuration on the site, its says stock I am in TTD, but my cars sits in TTC. Ok, whats required for the events. Do the cars have to be marked with class? Basiclly, how do I start, and do an event?

1Sicgt,

In NorCal NASA TT runs with HPDE group 4 so first, you must be qualified to run inthat group. see the HPDE area on the NorCal web page for the qualifications.

Assuming you are OK for group 4, you need to read the TT rules and Class your car. Yes your car needs to have the appropriate TT class designation on it. You will need a transponder and then you sign-up on the web site under TT.

I am the 2004 NorCal TT Director and can help you until the 2005 director takes over. PM me if you need more deatailed info.

Ok, cool. I already classified myself, it fall into TTB. I have always been curious how the TT works. Do you know if the TT set-up is simalar to the OTC.? I know classification is a bit different, but same concept?

Ok, I am also confused. My car. 97 Mustang GT, which has less mods than a CMC car (But about same rwhp.), gets pushed into a higher class than CMC, why is that?

• National Staff

We have some car classification revisions coming out within a week. Your car is one of the cars that got a revision. Pre-'99 V8 Mustangs (not Cobras, etc), will drop down to TTE* base class from TTD. That may help you. Also, make sure that you are using the 2005 mod. rules, not the ones that were on the computer program calculator (the calculator hasn't been adjusted for the 2005 rules yet).

• National Staff

Once they are finalized and approved, an announcement and link will be posted here, on the SoCal TT website http://socal.nasa-tt.com, on the NASA TT website, and the NASA TT calculator will be adjusted to calculate using the 2005 rules.