April Rules Addendum

Jeremy C.

H series is the way to go.lol.

id say k is the way to go.. since it won the last 4 national championships, (andrie 06, bernardo 07, me 08, me 09).. then again driver could be the reason too! Zing!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ITAIntegraLS

• Jeremy C.

• JW Racing

• jmeris

I know what's going out out there,and there are so many tricks.One example,There are heads out there,fully ported,that have been media blasted to look like stock cast and no one knows it's ported by looking at it...the dyno and flow charts do notice though.There is alot of alot of smoke and mirrors out there.

Somemone who knows Honda's well and what to look for,someone who can identify a GSR rod bearing on a B16 after quickly popping the oil pan and rod cap off the winning car.

Won't fit correctly...GSR/Type R's rod bearings are narrower than the B16's

Exactly... why do you think people use them,narrower=less friction and more HP. If you re-tang the B16 or LS rod it is easily done. I have seen it done here in so cal.There is so much people don't know about these engines.

I think the existing rules are fine,if they were enforced. The issue is not the rules,but of many drivers' not in compliance of them.

not pointing any fingers, but I can't help but notice that you've eluded to drivers possibly not in compliance with the rules (illegal heads, bottom ends, ect.) in a few of your posts in the last week or so. Are things getting a little out of hand in SoCal?

I don't feel that any of the guys I race with here in NorCal are trying to pull any sneaky stuff, not our regular front runners.

Dang dude,

you do seem to know a lot of who has what and what they're doing illegally...

Have you ever heard of the "Bad Faith Protest" in the CCR? section 17.6, Bad Faith Protest..pg 75.

-just sayin'

Edited by Guest

id say k is the way to go.. since it won the last 4 national championships, (andrie 06, bernardo 07, me 08, me 09).. then again driver could be the reason too! Zing!

yeah, I'll say...i learned the hard way in '06, '07, '08 (oh so close), and '09.

Graham,just buy your trailer and drop my car off at Miller.I will be in garage #1,cause thats where im going to finish.What garage are you getting?ZING................Just saying................lol..........The k24 days are comming to an end.Come on BlackTrax,lets turn up the revs a little.My car is there now and is fixed.No more axle problems.There the best.

I will be in garage #1,cause thats where im going to finish. The k24 days are comming to an end.Come on BlackTrax,lets turn up the revs a little.My car is there now and is fixed.No more axle problems.There the best.

I thought Ryan F. was in garage #1? doesn't matter...why would you want to finish in the garage and not on the track ahead of the rest of the cars?? Sorry Brandon, just givin' you a hard time.

But wait, doesn't BlackTrax also dyno and tune Grahams K24??? hmmm, maybe a conflict of interest? Why would they make YOU faster than their back-to-back champ? hahaha...again-just givin' you a hard time.

Who knows...I still maybe in H1 at Nationals. But will there be enough cars in H1 to even have a championship? 4 cars is the minimum and it could be a struggle to make that.

Possible H1 field at nationals: (in NO particular order)

Graham

Kraus

Hartanto

Meris?? (new H1 car still being built)

Kiwi?

Joe Sims?

John Oldt?

Kev Helms? (too busy w/world challenge nowadays)

Whomever it maybe, if there IS a field for H1...the champ WILL BE from NOR CAL...that's pretty much a given.

The 2010 H2 champ will probably be the X-Factor, as he (or she) is currently testing...and he (or she) will be from NOR CAL.

Maybe the So Cal, Utah (home track!!!), or East Coast guys will prove me wrong?? maybe but DOUBTFUL.

jmeris

The 2010 H2 champ will probably be the X-Factor, as he (or she) is currently testing...and he (or she) will be from NOR CAL.

jmeris

I'm thinking it will be the she

Its good to dream everyone. So keep dreaming.

Edo

jmeris

I'm thinking it will be the she

Dang dude,

you do seem to know a lot of who has what and what they're doing illegally...

Have you ever heard of the "Bad Faith Protest" in the CCR? section 17.6, Bad Faith Protest..pg 75.

-just sayin'

I just rebuild ALOT of motors and am amazed what I find inside sometimes,even from Honda Motor Company(cough) itself..

I have no bad faith,I just call it like I see it.Your motor will be well examined at the nat's as well don't worry,everyone will have an even playing field.Plus I can't wait to see what is found in some engines at tech this year.

at RC- I also think the H1 class H23/H22 head combo(and H series min weight) should be re-examined as my K24/20 combo was.

I should not have to protest every car and every rule,it's just ludacris.If nobody of power enforces,why do I need to change my engine and tires? Because I am complying with the rules which seems rare in HC from my point of view. I should be really steamed;I have had to break apart my engine,put in another,remove some good r888 tires for the new spec RA1..... and here john doe is going to run with pistons and rods and underweight 'till someone protests? Ahh, club racing at it's finest.

Your motor will be well examined at the nat's as well don't worry, everyone will have an even playing field.Plus I can't wait to see what is found in some engines at tech this year.

My crew and I will be ready to tear down my engine after the championship race at this year's nats without any worries . This will be my 5th consective year at Nationals. For someone who's never competed at Nationals, you seem to worry a lot about what's everyone has and whether or not they're in compliance. Will you make it to Utah this September or will you be bench racin' it again but yet worried who's doing what to their engines?

jmeris

Going about things in a nice/friendly way can go a long ways too. A friendly "hey XYZ is not legal, we'd appreciate it if you changed it as soon as possible. If not I/we will protest you and you will be DQ'd."

Edited by Guest

Going about things in a nice/friendly way can go a long ways too. A friendly "hey XYZ is not legal, we'd appreciate it if you changed it as soon as possible. If not I/we will protest you and you will be DQ'd."

If that keeps some one away from the track then that's a good thing.

This is how it's done on the East Coast. We had a racer with some illegal modifications on his car. Other drivers pointed it out and he fixed it. Of course this is not so easy with internal engine components. If you want to run against a bunch of junk yard engines come on out the the East.

HONDA CHALLENGE STANDARD OUTLINE FOR RESPONDING TO FORUM STATEMENTS:

1)ESTABLISH THE MORALE HIGH GROUND: A good way to do this is to point out an instance in the past when someone was caught cheating(or just widely thought to be cheating). If such an instance does not exist, then simply state that you would NEVER cheat, and that only you know what is good for the series. Don't worry about substantiating any of these claims. They are still just as powerful even if false, and no one is going to check up on you anyway.

Also, make sure you explain how moral you are. A good way to fluff your feathers is to invite a tear down, or give a good narrative on how you are the only person in the universe who understands to true meaning of racing. Again, it doesn't matter if it's not true, because we are all going to forget about it tommorow anyway! Sounds good to say it though.

2)CRITICIZE THE AUTHOR: Don't forget! People are easier to attack than ideas! Show him he is wrong by judging him personally. It's all fair game, but calling him poor and passing judgement on life choices works well("if you can't afford a ______ maybe you shouldn't be racing!").

3)IT'S RACING! CALL HIM SLOW!: You have to make sure you get the last word, or you risk the Author using these guidelines against YOU! So the most important step is to embarass him to his peer group so he does not post again! This verbal "blocking" can be very direct("maybe you should spend less time on the forums and more time working on your driving", "if you had any skill, you wouldn't NEED a ______ " ), OR it can be more subtle by simply showing him how fast you and others are. Do this by mocking how much money and time he spent on his car, or perhaps constantly stating just how stock the car is that beat him last month. I mean, let's face it, it's obvious that rules only matter to SLOW people. Real racers (like us) can win in ANYTHING! Even IF he can show his face in the thread again, he will be so incensed personally that he will not be able to create any more coherent arguments anyway.

Score another for you!

This has been a public service of the Institute for Destructive Public Discourse.

Now that I got my satire out of my system I can say that all these personal attacks and posturing to each other about who will be legal for nationals really has nothing to do with the original discussion. We were talking about the merits of a rules system that would allow for constant and sudden rules changes.

I know of no sport except pro racing that does this. Stable rules are extremely important to everyone.

• National Staff

Wow, amazing!

Guys, there is a private drivers forum right above your posts. All the people that keep posting in here with stuff that should be in the private area have access to it, so use it please!

Take this conversation to the drivers area!