Spec3 pad question

laze1

I have been running Hawk HT-10 pads F & R, now moving to Spec3 Front pads and HT10 rear.

My question is: how much different feel are the Spec3 pads over the HT-10?

How do they wear? better or worse than the HT-10

Note: on my way to getting Spec3 legal by 2011

• Members

The Spec 3 front pad has a higher torque coefficient than the HT-10 and has a higher heat capability.

Because of the first difference, you will want to reduce the speed of pedal application for the first few inches of pressing the pads so that the pad will set into the rotor and not lock it up (which will engage ABS and be slower overall). Once the pad is set, stomp that pedal.

As for how long they last, I would say that I'm getting about 5 weekends per set of front pads. I usually change them out with roughly 30% remaining on the pads because I prefer the added feel of a stiffer brake pedal.

hope this helps, of and make sure you warm up the brakes, they're not overly fond of being asked to slow down your 3000lb car from 110->65mph when cold.

cool! thnx for the info

BTW: my ABS is dead now...but haven't been a problem with the HT10s...I will be gentle with the Spec3s until I get used to them.

you will want to reduce the speed of pedal application for the first few inches of pressing the pads so that the pad will set into the rotor and not lock it up (which will engage ABS and be slower overall). Once the pad is set, stomp that pedal.

+1 I found this to be very true last weekend at SP. Esp. into T5 where I kept pushing it because I effectively pushed T4 i wasn't aware this was due to brakepads as I thought I was just too abrupt with the brake. I guess it could also be a combination

• Members

[quote name="Scany+1 I found this to be very true last weekend at SP. Esp. into T5 where I kept pushing it because I effectively pushed T4 i wasn't aware this was due to brakepads as I thought I was just too abrupt with the brake. I guess it could also be a combination

I'm not following.

I'm not following.

ehm Were you not saying that the brakepedal must be pushed in gently in the beginning for the pad to set? I was just saying I found that to be very true braking for T5 at SP, because I had to brake harder and harder as I carrie dmore speed through T4. I stopped faster when I was braking softer, sort of that make sense? if not, let's just say I agree with you!