Putnam Park Camping

jpv883

I understand there is no camping and I pull with a motorhome, so does anyone have some experience with nearby campgrounds ? Can we make a GTS campground pick ?

And where are all you GTS 1 cars, I've seen the lap times in Mid-Ohio and I want to have some fun !!

JP Car# 884

I don't camp, but there is a camp ground just a few miles away where many stay.

Most of the GTS1 cars do not make the trek to Putnam unfortunately. So....you will need to drag out to Mid Ohio or Braver Run.

I have a hard time saying ANY track is worth camping at a Walmart but Putnam is one of my favorite tracks. It is nothing like Mid-Ohio. Mid-Ohio is big time. Putnam is much simpler but it's a fun track with a lot of places to pass and which rewards those who can carry speed (like for instance, a GTS1 driver needs to do).

FWIW.

In addition to RV lots (KOA style), there is a beautiful park just 15 minutes from the track, Lieber State Rec Area, with a big lake, wooded RV spots, etc., if you want something a bit more 'outdoorsy'. Its on the IN DNR website, and you can make advance reservations by phone (1-866-622-6746)

or online (http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/Campgrounds/search.cfm). Not sure I would want to haul an RV back and forth though. Do you have alt trans? If you need a ride to/from the track/Lieberman, let me know. The track is funtastic.

Can you just paddock outside the track entrance?

Small county road with houses/farms on it.... That's why there's no camping and the track closes early. Though it does get a bit crowded on the road early in the morning waiting for the gates to open.

-Scott B.

• Members

Small county road with houses/farms on it.... That's why there's no camping and the track closes early. Though it does get a bit crowded on the road early in the morning waiting for the gates to open.

-Scott B.

Scott, you going? If I get bored enough next week, I might just have to make the trip out.

The Walmart isn't too bad... We've been putting our RV there for a few years. Pull up behind us (36' Damon Daybreak) and I'll share a beer with a fellow GTS'er

Only if you have relatives in the neighborhood....