Opinions

Golin

Alright let;s hear them. What are the opinions oro and con for 2 door or 4. As I've mentioned on here before it'll need to do double duty as a 2nd car and track car initially. Are the 4 doors worth the convenience. Is the 2 door really not that much of a pain to load things into at the track? What are people's takes. It looks like they're are lot of sedans on here, so I just wanted to get some thoughts before I made a purchase. Let em know!

GT

• Members
Alright let;s hear them. What are the opinions oro and con for 2 door or 4. As I've mentioned on here before it'll need to do double duty as a 2nd car and track car initially. Are the 4 doors worth the convenience. Is the 2 door really not that much of a pain to load things into at the track? What are people's takes. It looks like they're are lot of sedans on here, so I just wanted to get some thoughts before I made a purchase. Let em know!

GT

Double duty = 4dr.

Pure race car is a question of opinion. Some feel safer by sitting inside the B-pillar of the car. Others prefer the larger door opening of the 2-dr.

But if you are loading tires, gear, spares, etc, you need the 4 door to reduce your time, back-ache, head-ache, etc.

Agree 100% with Jon.

If you want to have other people in the car, 4 door no question. If you want to be able to use the backseat to haul stuff in, 4 door.

If you like bigger doors to get in and out of a cage with, 2 door.

I've got a 4 door and most people agree, that I carry a spare car in the back/trunk. I would be way more selective, or have already bought a tow vehicle if I had a two door.

Good luck in the search!

Thanks! Those were kind of the break downs that I had theorized, but it's good to get input from those with actual experience. I may sound like a broken record, but if anyon comes across any good deals out there, send me a PM!

Thanks,

GT

• Members
Thanks! Those were kind of the break downs that I had theorized, but it's good to get input from those with actual experience. I may sound like a broken record, but if anyon comes across any good deals out there, send me a PM!

Thanks,

GT

I'm happy to lend a hand, but provide some more information. We all have different starting points. For instance, when I search for a donor car, I want a 100% P.O.S. as I know I'm going to replace everything anyway, so why pay for something in good condition.

If you are looking for something more put together, you will need to provide your budget, location, willingness to travel, viewpoint on poor paint, scratches, dents, etc.

I'm happy to lend a hand, but provide some more information. We all have different starting points. For instance, when I search for a donor car, I want a 100% P.O.S. as I know I'm going to replace everything anyway, so why pay for something in good condition.

If you are looking for something more put together, you will need to provide your budget, location, willingness to travel, viewpoint on poor paint, scratches, dents, etc.

You have (a rather long) PM.