Not another classing question!

tracar91

I should be taking delivery of my new "daily driver" mid next week and was curious about what class it would fall in for the NASA time trial competition?

I haven't touched the car so I'm not 100% sure but it is supposed to be a completely stock 2005 Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works package. The Nasa TT rules list a 2006 and up JCW package, but not the dealer installed stuff.

According to Wiki: for 2005 the works package included

- Uprated cylinder head, gas-flowed and ported

- Smaller supercharger pulley

- Uprated air intake system and air filter

- Uprated spark plugs

- Uprated exhaust system

- Remapped ECU

Any help would be appreciated

I forsee a trip to the dyno in your future

Sorry for being a newbie, are you saying my 200 whp beast needs a dyno sheet in order to compete?

I've got one for my 117whp (SAE) car

Looking again I did see that I misread - every one of those mods is listed as a points modification, I thought I saw an upgraded supercharger which would definitely need a reclassification.

However, I bet you could come out ahead if you did dyno the car, weigh it with you in it, and ask for a special reclassification for you/your car. I don't think the JCW stuff is as agressive as it could be to make efficient use of all the points you're getting nickeled and dimed for.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on getting dyno numbers anyway. I would like to find a shop around Louisville, Ky that can tune it while on the dyno.