2010 - for 1st 2nd 3rd winners - a question

CWeber

Is there a reference somewhere on what the prizes are for winners?

Also, is there rules somewhere about how many cars must be entered in a class to be eligible to win prizes? (for example, if only 1 car is registered for a class, does that 1 entry win 1st place by default and get prizes or are 3 entries required minimum for any prizes/contingency?)

I tried to find this on the Nationals website and couldn't find it. I also looked around here and didn't see it.

You need 4 cars in class to have the class at nationals. So no one car classes are allowed. The rules have provisions for what happens to 2-3 guys left over if their are not 4 in class by the time of Sign-up.

Once past that the contingency deals vary depending on who is doing it. Most all requre a minimum for any playout with increasing payout as the filed grows. However to know for sure we need to know your class. To know what to expect for 2010.

There will be contingecy listing on the Nationals page for 2010. However I don't believe all the deals are done yet.

Edited by Guest

minimum is 4

if your class doesn't make it you get a full refund

if you need to cancel otherwise it all comes back minus $50

not much excuse for delaying on signing up today really

okay, so you get 100% of your money back if 4 people don't sign up in your class (this applies for both Time Trials and Race classes, right?)

okay, so you get 100% of your money back if 4 people don't sign up in your class (this applies for both Time Trials and Race classes, right?)

yes that is correct. However what is your intended class? We pretty much know from last year which classes might not make the 4 level. Also depending on the car you may have the chance to run in a different class that has 4+ if your does not. Clearly the car may not be as competitive, but you can still participate in the event. I did last years and was lucky enough to be competitive, but even if was not I would still go. It is really great event.

Contingencies vary depending on company and class.

You can look at some of last year's contingencies for an idea of #'s needed and requirements: http://nasachampionships.com/press2009.html

Again, this list is for 2009. Keep following NasaChampionships.com for 2010 news on sponsors as Jeremy gets them listed.

I think the enduro class pays 10k for the overall win and a bowling trophy.

RM