Jim P.

NASA-SE: Savannah Sizzler, May 22-23, Roebling

Jim P.

2010May22.jpg

NASA-SE proudly presents the annual Savannah Sizzler! at Roebling Road Raceway in Bloomingdale, GA on May 22-23, 2010. This will be a fun filled event that promises to exceed all previous levels of NASA-SE quality events. We will have our normal schedule starting on Friday and continuing through out the weekend. This event includes:

High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) - drivers of all makes and models of cars can sign up and begin at the novice level (HPDE 1) and work their way to advanced driving skills. All drivers start with classroom instruction as well as an in-car instructor to guide you to drive your car at the limits. All of this takes place with the safety of a racetrack under controlled conditions.

Time Trials (TT) - Drivers will compete for their fastest lap times and win all types of contingency money and prizes. The beauty of TT is the fact that you can do all of this with only your street car and a helmet!

Sprint Races - All of the standard NASA classes will be participating, 944Spec, SpecBoxter, American Iron(AI), Factory Five Racing (FFR), German Touring Series (GTS), Honda Challenge(HC), Performance Touring(PT), SpecE30, SpecMiata, Super Unlimited(SU), Super Touring(ST), etc. Cars will be split up into groups and the racing will be intense to watch and participate in!

To Register ONLINE click HERE

http://www.nasa-se.com/2010May22.php

For more info about Roebling Road click HERE

http://www.roeblingroad.com/

For More Details about NASA-SE Click HERE

http://www.NASA-SE.com/

nasaSElogo640.jpg

ps. Late fees kick in on May 12th!

sperkins

kbrew8991

Friday hosted by Seat-Time.com btw

Z06cool

In for all 3 days..

zul8r

me too

sperkins

When the '10 schedule was released, I was really looking forward to the Roebling weekend more than any other. Now it looks like I'll be in the backup car and on street tires.

drivinhardz06
Now it looks like I'll be in the backup car and on street tires.

yeah I'm running my stock sway bars to

LMan

What's the parking plan?

kbrew8991
What's the parking plan?

mcmmotorsports
What's the parking plan?

I-95 comes to mind here.

sperkins
Now it looks like I'll be in the backup car and on street tires.

yeah I'm running my stock sway bars to

See you there!

dans2k
me too

I'll be there friday time to mount up those sticker hoosiers

bukit
When the '10 schedule was released, I was really looking forward to the Roebling weekend more than any other. Now it looks like I'll be in the backup car and on street tires.

Guess you'll be stuck with the rest of us lowlifes in stock cars.

SilverEIGHT

Anyone need a relatively quiet sleeping roomy for Friday/Saturday?

sperkins
Anyone need a relatively quiet sleeping roomy for Friday/Saturday?

You can crash with me if I can get my wife to sleep in the truck. She hates talking about racing.

SilverEIGHT

hahahaha!

maxxfish

I'm thinking about coming down from the mid-Atlantic to run this event. I've never been to RRR, can you guys shed some light on the track and it's amenities?

Thanks, Max (Probably ST-2 for Roebling, since no GTS-4))

jimbow
I'm thinking about coming down from the mid-Atlantic to run this event. I've never been to RRR, can you guys shed some light on the track and it's amenities?

Think Summit Point Main - then you'll be close to the amenities.

Its gotten better in the last couple years, they poured some pads for motor homes and some tire changing pads in the paddock. Track management lives on site, rules are enforced - be sure to read the supps.

For the track, if you went to NCCAR a lot of the turns would be familiar. Check trackpedia for more info.

Hope you come out!

kbrew8991

track layout looks very boring on paper but the corners are very fast, flowing, and surprisingly technical.

King Tut

Looking forward to my second HPDE in the E30.

Z06RACER

Amenities>>>>>>>RRR ain't got not stinking amenities NONE!!! Oh wait.....they did put a new sink in one of the bathrooms. They have decent power hookups and showers that work....and sand, lots of sand

But what they lack in amenities they make up in race course. No elevation changes, but a safe FAST track. I love racing here...you will too!

If you can swing it, stay at one of the hotels in Savannah on River Street. Great restaurants and nightlife...about 15-20min. from the track.

SilverEIGHT

... and about that sand... I bring a sheet of stainless to put under my floor jack. I welded plates to the base of my jack stands so they will not sink into the sand.

Z06cool
... and about that sand... I bring a sheet of stainless to put under my floor jack. I welded plates to the base of my jack stands so they will not sink into the sand.

They have concrete areas also if you're just going to jack it up for an hour or so.

trhoads

they have those areas, but prefer you not use them, as they are for "vendors", that never seem to be there.

Z06cool
they have those areas, but prefer you not use them, as they are for "vendors", that never seem to be there.

I actually "talked" to Richard about that one time. Yes, there are those for the vendors like for Sasco's tire machines or whatever, but there's also 1 area for our cars as well. He says the vendor spots aren't poured as deep in concrete.