Thanks GTS!

JSG1901

I'm hoping to qualify my car for the Grassroots Motorsports Ultimate Track Car Challenge this year and thanks to all the GTS folks who have already voted for it, as of this writing my car is up to #2 on the list of 80 cars.

THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to vote, it is much appreciated.

(If you haven't, and don't mind doing so, you can do it here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3857409/1)

Good luck. I participated in the last two UTCC events at VIR, won't be making the trip this year due to my CMP crash

• Members

Sweet! Are you going to stick around for the sprint races on Sat/Sun?

We need some big wing action in GTS2

Eric,

Enjoyed racing behind you, looking forward to racing next to/in front of you. Nice work in tough conditions and lots of traffic.

I really want to race at VIR, maybe you could help with a few tips when I get there.

Jim Stevens

gray/orange Porsche 951.

• Members
Eric,

Enjoyed racing behind you, looking forward to racing next to/in front of you. Nice work in tough conditions and lots of traffic.

I really want to race at VIR, maybe you could help with a few tips when I get there.

Jim Stevens

gray/orange Porsche 951.

Hey Jim, of course!!!!

That was a memorable race! Come to VIR with Scott!

Sweet! Are you going to stick around for the sprint races on Sat/Sun?

We need some big wing action in GTS2

That's the Great Lakes July Mid-Ohio weekend so, for the moment at least, I'm planning on doing the GRM event on Friday (assuming I make it in) and hurry back to Mid-Ohio for the weekend.

• 1 month later...
Thanks to everyone who voted. I found out this morning that I'm in!

UTCC2010Poster.jpg

Outstanding news. Couldn't happen to a better/faster guy.

When is it? ... I wouldn't mind going to check it out.

Never mind ... its MO weekend ... sorry ... but congrats anyways ... I hope you show them what Great Lakes GTS is all about

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up third in class. I was a little less than a second behind 2nd place who was a local driver (well, he had Virginia plates, so I'm calling that "local"). I might have had a shot at him but the last session of the day was so miserably hot he didn't even go out and I couldn't improve my times from earlier in spite of feeling like I was driving considerably faster.

HOWEVER, the winner was a Caterham Super Seven. 1200 lbs, 240 hp, runs in NASA Super Unlimited and the guy could drive, too. We had nothing for him (not surprisingly).

It was really a fun event, though. All kinds of cars you'll never see (Brunton Stalker, anybody? Anybody? 1500 lbs, 500 hp...) and everybody was having a good time, even the guys whose cars broke. I just wish they would do it in the Spring or Fall. 100 degrees with humidity was pretty miserable. I feel sorry for Eric Wong and the guys who stayed behind and raced the rest of the weekend. By comparison, Mid-Ohio this weekend was nice.

Congrats on third, that's where I finished the last two UTCC's at VIR

In previous years they did not allow those types of cars (super sevens, atoms, etc) in independent study-JV. If they continue to do that, there's really no reason for a production car to show up

I also wish they would move it around to different track to take help negate the home field advantage.