what class? for supercharged rx8

olddragger

Get faster? Yep-- but I may outdrive my bifocals.

Well----Hell---guess yall have talked me into this (gotta have someone to blame

I dont do the summer events ever since that august at road atlanta in which my alternator belt melted, but this fall there should be a new face in the line up.

Looking forward, Maybe I will get lucky and surprise a couple of folks?

Meanwhile the dyno and check off ride needs to be done.

OD

well ran into a snag.

My oem pcm has a redline of 9K, I have a self imposed redline of 7.5 K. The higher rpms do give more power---but at a cost. Our community (rotor heads) believe that rotor wobble is occuring during those higher rpms and it is advised if you want engine longetivity to lower your redline.

No way to limit the redline on the oem computer that cant also easily changed.

I understand and agree with the rules.

So my class would be TTB as I cant get to 260/270 hp with my set up without my self imposed redline.

Dont yall trust me

I would be less competitive in B, but i can still catch em in the braking zones and turns

I Think I would be about 2 seconds off the track records for RR and RA.

OD

You don't wanna try and class yourself by lap records people don't run that pace most of the time! Take the Roebling TTB lap record at 1.19.6, if you're running 1.22's on a hot afternoon on used tires (and using 3/4 your RPM's!) you are well on pace! Fresh hoosier on a cool morning you will pickup maybe 2 seconds thats usualy when I think lap records get set.

I think the sharp end of TTB were running about 1.48/1.49's at CMP thats about 2+secs off the lap record there?

also note the date when a TR was set - aren't alot of the Roebling ones right after the repave and in cooler September weather?

Hans--- ? My wife said i didnt need one?---eh--

Good points on the track times-- i didnt know what year or what time of year they were set.

i do remember that fresh pavement at RR--it was so dang smooth an grippe-- first couple laps it was like "Huh"?

I figure if i can get that close to the TTB record then i will not get in any other TTB's way.

Saving for some new R6's begin NOW!

weight is as light as it possibly would be during a race weekend (no fuel, driver, etc) like you just came off the track on fumes.

where does one get an offical weight?

Is this with or without driver? Do I need to go on a diet?

Official race weight when they do it is right after a session with driver and whatever fuel you have in the tank.

I'd take it somewhere with scales, put a couple (or 5 for my corvette) gallons of gas in it, sit in the car and get a weight.

Use that as a race weight.

And just come out, shoot there are TTF cars beating me cause I'm still driving my R6's like street tires.

heck if it is with driver and the minimal amount of gas needed then i will get close if not over 3300.

we have oem dual tanks and to prevent starvation we go out with over a 1/2 tank and pit with just a little under 1/2. At 1/4 we can get symptoms.

Thanks for all the help guys---now I have the plan, will submit.

I wont make the June event driving --but i will be there to support the others. Yall come see us (Ga rx8 club guys). I hope to make the august event if ambient temps are below 100F:)

OD

• 2 weeks later...
heck if it is with driver and the minimal amount of gas needed then i will get close if not over 3300.

we have oem dual tanks and to prevent starvation we go out with over a 1/2 tank and pit with just a little under 1/2. At 1/4 we can get symptoms.

Thanks for all the help guys---now I have the plan, will submit.

I wont make the June event driving --but i will be there to support the others. Yall come see us (Ga rx8 club guys). I hope to make the august event if ambient temps are below 100F:)

OD

100F - do not count on it...

Aug at RA last year, I drank a cooler of water from morning to evening and never took a leak all day

Bring lots of water, portable shade, fan - and you'll still spend every minute you can in the bottom of the timing tower trying to manage the heat.

2 yrs ago the ambient temp was 105F on the way to the track.

Tarmac temps in the pits were measured at 150+F!!

No kidding--my alternator belt edges melted and the belt was giving it up when I pitted.

Car temps were ok believe it or not, but i was about to have a friggen stroke.

Like yall I drank a cooler full of fluids and never wizzed.

I finally got a ice chest and put cool water in it and then put my feet in after i had dumped 1/2 of it over my head. Fans didnt help at all until then. Hottest I had been since Nam'.

To top it off one of my trackbuddies had a big off in turn one and we had to lay on the tramac to inspect the car(took 1 1/2 yrs to get all the pebbles out:))---the tramac would almost burn ya.

I vowed---never again.

Our group now has an RV to run too. So i will spectate and throw water on anyone asking.

By the way i am dynoing Saturday. Dyno Lab in Marietta Ga.

OD

No kidding--my alternator belt edges melted and the belt was giving it up when I pitted.

I finally got a ice chest and put cool water in it and then put my feet in after i had dumped 1/2 of it over my head. Fans didnt help at all until then. Hottest I had been since Nam'.

To top it off one of my trackbuddies had a big off in turn one and we had to lay on the tramac to inspect the car(took 1 1/2 yrs to get all the pebbles out:))---the tramac would almost burn ya.

I vowed---never again.

Our group now has an RV to run too. So i will spectate and throw water on anyone asking.

OD

I was there. Road Atlanta and Barber are the hottest paddocks in the planet.

I vowed---never again.

OD

I'll raise you Homestead in Aug as the hottest. The only good thing about Homestead is plenty of garages. Gotta love Nascar tracks.

Peter

last aug when you climbed out of the CMC mustang post race and peeled your suit off, I thought you had been swimming laps over at the Chateau Elan resort pool

last aug when you climbed out of the CMC mustang post race and peeled your suit off, I thought you had been swimming laps over at the Chateau Elan resort pool

That memory still lingers in my driving suit....

Hey maybe what we ought to do is to market the hot w/e's as an extreme weight loss program. Guaranteed weight loss of 5-10lbs in one w/e. Make a fortune . Plus get some good photos of chicks stripping off driving suits

OD

Plus get some good photos of chicks stripping off driving suits

OD

22548_540094575459_147802367_31777915_7864068_n.jpg

I hope you enjoy sleeping in the trailer at home - cause thats where you'll be if Katie sees that!

I hope you enjoy sleeping in the trailer at home - cause thats where you'll be if Katie sees that!

It's her facebook profile pic. She's wearing a t-shirt under her firesuit.