Roll Call for Buttonwillow June 25-27

sagoston

With 90 less pounds and Hoosiers I feel that my car would give the PTD cars a run for their money. I run pretty close to them now in Spec form.

Spec Miata is classed for PTE. Based on lap times we should be as well. The fastest So-Cal SM and the fastest So-Cal 944 are very equal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbuzz

• sagoston

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

Joe, there was one other person running fast tires in the GTS1 class last year so I had to run Hoosiers. I just didn't have any choice.

As it was, he thought I was cheating badly, I suppose because he was and I beat him.

Getting all the 944 Spec guys to agree to run Toyo's should be easy but, if there are "outsiders" who come with other tires, I am sure they would not agree to change. Of course, if you don't care about winning, like Mr. B, who cares?????

2009 GTS1 National Champion Big Dog

With 90 less pounds and Hoosiers I feel that my car would give the PTD cars a run for their money. I run pretty close to them now in Spec form.

Spec Miata is classed for PTE. Based on lap times we should be as well. The fastest So-Cal SM and the fastest So-Cal 944 are very equal.

We run with current PTD track record holder in Arizona. Locally we would run about 0.5 second off and if he was not going full bore on perfect tires we could just about catch him. At Miller we were 3 seconds off the pace. He ran a 2:16. That car was not 100% developed for PTD. I suspect PTD will be running 2:15's this year. Least year you and I ran 2:19's when the stars aligned. Foxx ran a 2:17 in GTS trim. That still leavs 2 seconds.

Also the way the schedule is we are group E and share practice with group J . Group J is PTE, PTD

Group H is GTS. So you get more "value" from GTS since the practices on Thursday & Friday are not shared.

an SM can run into the same problems your 944-Spec cars run into, though just 2-3 over instead of 8. However, that hp/weight reclass gives both cars some room to work with in E after its all said and done. But you need to follow procedure on it, hoop jumping and all that

Yeah the shared sessions would really throw a stick in the spokes. No advantage there if we are getting the same practice sessions.

Looks like GTS-1 it is.

Joe where did you see the schedule?

Big thanks to all for the hospitality. 944 guys are awesome! Thanks again to Steve and Dave for kicking down some old rubbers for auto-crossing.

tires.JPG

I was able to progress to HPDE3! Here's some video.

Cheers,

Chris Barrington

944-Spec #59

It was great to meet you Chris. Looking forward to seeing you progress through HPDE and getting your comp license. Attend the Driving Concepts school as soon as possible, even if you don't intend to go racing wheel to wheel right away.

Edited by Guest

Congratulations to Tim Comeau for taking 1st place on Saturday. Good clean racing from Tim as usual.

Congratulations to Tyler Palmer for taking 1st on Sunday. His driving is clean, fast, and he's certainly no pushover. Tyler and BigDog had a good scrap for the lead, and I had the best seat to watch it from 0-1 feet away Very impressed by Tyler's skill and maturity, he's a great addition to our SoCal 944 Spec group.

Congratulations to Tim and Tyler. Way to go guys!!!

Wish I could have been there.

Bummed that I will miss Cal Speed too. Oh well.......

My next race will be at the Nationals.

There are two test days at Buttonwillow just before Nationals. See some of you there.

Have fun guys.