RV & Garage Assignments

bpanther

• 3 weeks later...

When are the RV spots going to be posted? I don't see that on the map.

Also, is it possible to have the trailer spot accross from the assigned GP garage instead of 6 spots down? That's the way it was last year and it made things very easy.

They are are listed in the link to the map above.

I tried to get you as close as possible, but all the prime spots right in front of the garages were snapped up early the first day,

Ok, I must be doing something wrong, I do not see any trailer parking shown on the map, just garages with names on them

Ok, I must be doing something wrong, I do not see any trailer parking shown on the map, just garages with names on them

If you have a garage, the area directly across from you in yours. If you don't have a garage, it's open parking.

And you only get to go halfway across that space... like the area between GP and Day Garages. Even if you've got a 55' or whatever size trailer. Not that someone was constantly relocating my trailer in the space I paid for to make room for their trailer that was too big to fit in thier space or anything last year

Yeah. Those spaces in front of that west end get a little hosed as they have to share with the day garage folks.

If someone has a big trailer and you need the full 90' x 15' in front of your GP garage, make sure to request a garage at that end.

I am sure it is tough to do, but having some one around on tues and wed as most are pulling in and setting up might help clarify how it is supposed to work. Last year a few had different understandings of how the day garage and gp garage teams could use the parking in between. We were asked to move completely sine the space was only for the gp garage according to them. We explained we had a different understanding in nice way but an official answer would have be great. This year we are on the other side so it shouldn't be an issue for us.

Thanks as always for all your guys are doing to make it all work out.

I tried to let everyone in the squashed spots that they would need to share, but it didn't get communicated clearly enough.

This year, I tried to get anyone with a shorter rig into those spots. i.e. I kicked out the 53' goosenecks for 2010 after learning that lesson .

OK, as I see it, there is "paddock" parking accross from your GP garage where you can park your trailer and work from that. Then there is the RV parking accross from that. Correct?

I requested a 50 amp spot. I have E5 / E31. Is that 50 amp? Do we have the size of the space?

The map doesn't give us this kind of information. Will there be a more complete map like last year?

Thanks

Correct.

You are one spot away from a 50A. The way Miller is setup is every 4th spot has a pole. The pole has a combination of 20A/30A and 50A.

If you double check the map above, there is a green dot and a blue dot. Those are the power poles.

Here are some more maps available....

http://nasachampionships.com/trackmap2009.html

Many answers to questions such as spot size can be found here: http://www.nasaproracing.com/racing/national/MMP%20Parking%20FAQ10.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems some parking questions have been addressed in this thread so ill post my observation here also. Last year, it seems some people werent parking within what seemed to be our limitations. I can use the RV parking locations as an example. Directly in front of the RV spots were the free parking area. Whether you had a RV spot, or if you were in the free parking area in front of the RVs, there seemed to be a line that separated the parking area with the area where you can drive. Almost everyone had parked within the parking lines, but a few people had crossed that line into the driving area. And it wasnt like by 1-2 ft. It was pretty significant. It seemed like there was another line, and those few people had extended out to that other line. But that line was faded. Either way, it looked pretty obvious that the 2nd line, which was sort of faded, was in the driving area. It also seemed pretty obvious because the majority had not extended their parking space out to that 2nd line. But, a few people still used that 2nd line as their limit and had extended their space out to that line. Issue is that it made it difficult sometimes to move in and out of your spot because it made the driving area much tighter. And driving through there was a bit tricky in those spots because you had those few people who were sticking out into the driving area. Hope that wasnt too confusing and redundant.

• 2 weeks later...

I will update to the latest and freshest maps today. A competitor wide email will go out this evening letting you know it's ready.

For example.

The RV and Electrical map shows me in my old position of E3 where the full parking map shows me in the new spot of W4 (which would be correct).

I don't know what the other differences may be.

Jerry,

Both maps show you in W4. Make sure to refresh your browser. Sometimes your computer keeps copies of .pdfs thinking it saves you time by not downloading again.

If refreshing doesn't work, try right clicking on the link and doing "Save As..."

FFR RV order is different in the parking map then the RV hookups.. one has me next to Slavaggio, other has me next to Beeler

Oops. Will get it to match.

• Roman V. unpinned this topic