Fascia modification questions

smokinjoe

Looking for clarification for these three:

1. Adding fender flares is a no point mod; however, a portion of the front flare (lower piece) is attached to the fascia. Will fascia points have to be added?

2. If no fascia points are currently taken, adding canards on the front fender only, not the fascia, will fascia points be added to the +2 for the canards?

3. Running an OEM (unmodified) bumper from a base-model car of the same base class (02-06) require fascia points to be added? Ex: 04 Sentra bumper instead of 02 Sentra bumper

Thanks

Edited by Guest

base sentra and the SE-R and SpecVs are listed separately (for good reason I'd imagine) - interchanging parts between the three would be modifying that part...

My Sentra is in the lower of the two classes for the B15 (02-06) Sentra model. Running a base model bumper on the base class Sentra shouldnt be an addition.

If your car didn't come with that bumper from the factory you need to take points for it. Simple as that.

even that is a bit misleading - if it was part of some optional aero package or whatnot (common on Porsches for example) it'd be points even though it did indeed leave the factory with it.

Need to compare what you're running with what car you're using for your base class and what it comes from the factory with assuming you check nothing on the options sheet when it was ordered.

"All factory options and other modifications by the factory that are not included in the basic trim package of a model must be assessed modification points"

The bumper in question is the OEM basic trim package.

But if you're using the SpecV's base class and slap the base Sentra bumper on I'd charge you points, betcha Greg would too That bumper never came on a base unmodified SpecV after all...

I'm overheating with the SER bumper. I already added a larger radiator, larger fans for cool down. The base Sentra has a wider radiator opening. Going to base trim component shouldnt add points.

Yes it should. The rules are in place to stop people from creating frankenstein cars that were never available from the factory.

The way the freebie rule is written it seems like you should easily be able to fix the cooling issue. Do you have a legit shroud in place? is the car overheating in the paddock or on track? I always thought a bigger fan would only help when you aren't moving, but when you are moving it just blocks more air flow.

13) Radiator upgrade/shrouding/fascia modification (drilled or cut holes/slots) that only provides

increased airflow to the radiator or oil/transmission coolers (without aerodynamic or engine

air intake improvement)

Let me make it a little clearer. The B15 Sentra (SE-R/Spec-V) when through fascia changes during its run from 02-06. Putting an 04 bumper on an 02 sentra wouldnt cost points because it falls within the date range and model/trim specific category. The 04 SER bumper is a copy of the base trim Sentra bumper from 02-03.

the 02-03 SE-R and SE-R Spec V is the only model Sentra that runs a bumper that is different from the base model.

From 04-06 ALL Sentras and sub models used the exact same front bumper.

from 2000-2001 all the same front bumpers for all sub models

02-03 SE-Rs and SE-R Spec V's are the only B15 Sentra (2000-2006) to run a different front Fascia from the base model. It was for marketing and to mimic the look of a Skyline.

The reason the for differentiating the Sentras are; motor size, forward gears, LSD, and brake differences.

Your car is an 02-06 SE-R right? You can change your bumper to any bumper an 02-06 SE-R (not Spec V and not the base model Sentra) has. Or like Trevor pointed out with no-points rule 13), you can modify your current bumper for better flow. As I read the rule, you should be able to cut out any portion of the bumper in front of the radiator, but my interpretations of rules are usually wrong.

The question becomes tho.. from 04 to 06 the SE-R, Spec-V and Base Sentra all came with the same bumper. The only difference was the base had a plastic shroud inside the fog light recesses. So I should be able to run a base Sentra bumper from 04-06 on my 02.

Still wondering about the other two questions also.

Greg or Shawn usually respond on here and I wont have the bumper on the car till the UTCC in July. I'll give them some time before shooting off an email.