Fender Rolling

matt325

Just got back from a weekend at Sebring. Dropped 6 seconds from my time last October, could be the fixed differential, the RA-1s coming in, or, my just plain awesomeness, hard to tell.

But I noticed this when unloading the car after getting home on the left side of the car:

IMG_1920.jpg

There is also melted rubber on the inner lip of my fender, so the tire is rubbing on the fender. It is also present on right side, but not as bad. Sebring has a long, very fast and bumpy right hand 180 in turn 17. Turn 1 is even faster, a left 90, but not as bumpy.

Has anyone else had to roll their fenders to accommodate the suspension travel under large cornering loads?

Thanks

Yes, I rolled both the left and right sides as best I could to keep the fender from cutting into the tire.

VIR North has a hard right hander that transitions to a steep hillclimb and would rub on my street tires on my first outting.

I rolled them a few months back and have not had any problems since. Grab a roller and go to town on those puppies!

Congrats on the time drop! Awesome work!

• 1 month later...
Anyone want to have a fender rolling party before Summit? I know grandpa needs it, as do I.

I have yet to do this. Is there anywhere to rent the rolling tool? I don't think hauling the car somewhere just for that is good use of energy

• Members
Anyone want to have a fender rolling party before Summit? I know grandpa needs it, as do I.

I have yet to do this. Is there anywhere to rent the rolling tool? I don't think hauling the car somewhere just for that is good use of energy

Put a post up in the NASA-MA forum. I know of at least two people who have access to rollers who regularly attend events.

Maybe all of you could rent/borrow a roller during the August event and take care of the issue in unison.

• Members

I can bring my tool to Summit if you guys want. I used to have a cheaper unit that I rented out, but this is my baller tool (not the cheap blue Eastman one u see), so I cannot loan it out.

I can bring my tool to Summit if you guys want. I used to have a cheaper unit that I rented out, but this is my baller tool (not the cheap blue Eastman one u see), so I cannot loan it out.

That sounds brilliant! How long do you recon it would take to do a car if it's already on jack stands with the wheels off? Let me know what I need to do and pay and I'll sign up to do this at Summit.

• Members

That sounds brilliant! How long do you recon it would take to do a car if it's already on jack stands with the wheels off? Let me know what I need to do and pay and I'll sign up to do this at Summit.

No charge, just think of us in the future when you need rotors. Id love to sell you guys pads, but I cant (at least not the Spec3 pads; you DE guys can still buy pads off me!) Though if you have a different car or need something for your tow vehicle, etc, I can help.

Shouldnt take more than 15 min or so per side. I can show you how to do it, or if Im not busy, I can help.

No charge, just think of us in the future when you need rotors. Id love to sell you guys pads, but I cant (at least not the Spec3 pads; you DE guys can still buy pads off me!) Though if you have a different car or need something for your tow vehicle, etc, I can help.

Shouldnt take more than 15 min or so per side. I can show you how to do it, or if Im not busy, I can help.

Sweet!

I've seen the blue one, perhaps the baller one is the BFH?

I know that Grandpa and I will both need to use it. Yay! One more thing that I don't have to rush to get done before the event!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank the Wonger for bringing the roller - my fender was cutting the left rear tire through T9. After 30 minutes with the roller and some bfh application, no more rubbing! Thanks!

I wanted to thank the Wonger for bringing the roller - my fender was cutting the left rear tire through T9. After 30 minutes with the roller and some bfh application, no more rubbing! Thanks!

+1 Thanks again Eric!