Alignment equipment

Balroks

Buddies and I locally are looking at finally picking up our own alignment equipment, the "shops" around here are a joke. With all the options, what have you got and what do you like about it?

I have a guy that grew up on race tracks come by the house every so often and he has a very good rep for set-ups.

He uses the InterComp scales and all the stuff from Longacre, camber/caster, laser, alum plates, two tapes and does it all. He charged me $300 for first time (took 5 hrs) and $100 for tune-ups (takes 2-4 hrs). Hard to beat!

So for 100 bucks every so often I'm not sure if it's worth owning all that stuff and his knowledge is worth a million.

Just a thought..maybe somebody in your area.

Years ago I was crewing for a championship winning ITS Porsche 944 at Lime Rock Park. We squared our 4 jack stands, pulled out our roll of string, 2 tape measures and set the toe. Everybody was stunned when they walked by and saw the class leader "stringing the car old school style"!

I have a guy that grew up on race tracks come by the house every so often and he has a very good rep for set-ups.

He uses the InterComp scales and all the stuff from Longacre, camber/caster, laser, alum plates, two tapes and does it all. He charged me $300 for first time (took 5 hrs) and $100 for tune-ups (takes 2-4 hrs). Hard to beat!

So for 100 bucks every so often I'm not sure if it's worth owning all that stuff and his knowledge is worth a million.

Just a thought..maybe somebody in your area.

Cool, ya I got a suspension tuner too, however he lives about 2000 miles away

I use a smart camber gauge to set caster and camber and 4 jackstands with string to set the toe. Pretty simple when you get the hang of it.

Years ago I was crewing for a championship winning ITS Porsche 944 at Lime Rock Park. We squared our 4 jack stands, pulled out our roll of string, 2 tape measures and set the toe. Everybody was stunned when they walked by and saw the class leader "stringing the car old school style"!

This FTW!!!! Keep it stupid simple! tweak the nut behind the wheel before tweaking on the car!