28 944 spec cars going to the 2010 Nationals so far!(update)

Tim Comeau

We have the single biggest class.

Actually Miatas a bigger, But they reason they have more cars is they each enter two cars. One car to race and the other is the back up for when wreck the primary.

Well, I must have misunderstood the numbers.......

Anyway, I WANT us to be the biggest class!

If not the biggest class, the classiest class

THIS is why I made my goal to go to Nationals. Alot of cars to have a great race with. Can't wait.

No, Charlie.

Remember John Lindsey's words? We were the best behaved class. Very little contact. We had the best racing throughout the whole pack. The camera guys were going ape. I thought we really put on a class act.

Compare that to the Miata guys. No matter how hard and well they drive, they're still driving CHICK cars! The only car more feminine is a white VW rabbit cabriolet! OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (...wait till Angela sees that! She's going to smack me...) I know, I know, I can't help myself.

(...wait till Angela sees that! She's going to smack me...) I know, I know, I can't help myself.

If I didn't know any better, it almost sounds like someone's trying to get spanked, I mean smacked by Angela

Wow...knew there was a reason I don't race with the old guys! Hmm I count 34 944s and 39 SMs, and 9 944s from SoCal and 11 SoCal SMs...oh snap.

Wow...knew there was a reason I don't race with the old guys! Hmm I count 34 944s and 39 SMs, and 9 944s from SoCal and 11 SoCal SMs...oh snap.

In full disclosure I have to say we are only at 28 cars. There are 6 spec E30 in our group too. Oh well. Good luck in you SM race. Given the number of SM's in country I would expect SM to be at 60 cars. We 944 guys know we may not be the biggest NASA class, but we do have the most fun on track and off track.

Too bad we get no respect. At least we will put on a great show.

No doubt. That was one of the most competitive races I've seen in a long, long time.....

• 3 weeks later...

Come on guys we need some more cars!

I just think everybody else who is not signed up is scared to race and get beat by a 15 year old.

-Austin

Hi Austin, the really bad news is that there are two 15 year old FAST racers coming to the Nationals.

Tyler Palmer who bought my old car will be there and he has won three of his first 4 races with NASA.

No doubt the young studs will put on a show (behind me I hope).

See you there.

...........and......word has it that Tyler Vance (another karter) is sick and tired of spec Me-ahz-duh and is ready to come over to the manly-man 944 Spec series. Everybody knows that Miatas are chick cars!

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Come on guys we need some more cars!

I just think everybody else who is not signed up is scared to race and get beat by a 15 year old.

-Austin

Hey getting beat by 15 year old is like getting beat by a 35 year old. Or a 60 year old. It sucks.

Hi Austin, the really bad news is that there are two 15 year old FAST racers coming to the Nationals.

Tyler Palmer who bought my old car will be there and he has won three of his first 4 races with NASA.

No doubt the young studs will put on a show (behind me I hope).

See you there.

Hmmm battle of 15 year olds. Sounds fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we are at 30.

The race entries list shows 40 for our run group and I counted 10 SpecE30 cars entered.

Another great showing for 944Spec.

That's what I count too.

But we're still missing a couple of our series directors from the current entry list so we should have 32 when they sign up.

Oh yeah, I see that T. Comeau and C. Taylor are not on the list.

The more the merrier.

Chuck won't be able to make it due to some personal family reasons.

Tim... Well he is still working on it.