SC300, Schroth Harness

JKAG

Greg

Once again my car did not make the list. Can I assume the Lexus SC300 will be the same as the Lexus GS300, i.e. TTF **? This is one level down from the SC400 with 50-70 more horsepower and a similar weight

Also, I have a harness question. I have Scroth harnesses, 2" wide 4 points (an X configuration behind the seat bolted into the rear seatbelt mounts. I understand they are DOT approved. This seems like it would be much better than stock for TT, but they do not seem to conform to the CCR. Has anyone thought of an exemption for these "clubman" style harnesses for TT?

• National Staff

It must be Lexus prejudice, because you're right, we overlooked it again. Also, we overlooked not bumping the SC400 upward (it somehow got listed in our spread sheets at a lower hp than it actually has). So, I've looked at these cars again, and the SC400 will be getting one * (TTE*), and we will put the SC300 in TTF**. These will be listed as our first provisional classifications under the "Sticky" thread.

As far as the DOT approved 4pt's are concerned, you should ask you Event Director or Regional Director about them. The NASA HPDE rules in the CCR's guide this one, and they are not allowed under those rules. I do see your point that if they are DOT approved and legal for the street, and the alternative will be to use a stock belt and shoulder strap, then perhaps they are a better alternative. I'm sure that the rule was written the way it is so that if someone was thinking about going to a harness system, then they would get the better 5-7 pt. system.