new AMB/Mylaps iPhone/iTouch app (developed by a NASA racer)

getfast

Understood, but someone on grid should always have access to the info. For, let's say, a TT'ing instructor who has been dealing with students for the last 2 hours and didn't have time to find results on paper or on the interwebs.

Exactly! I depended heavily on the grid workers to tell me where to grid at the earlier TWS race when I was instructing. I would barely get to the grid in time, let alone get to scoring to get my grid spot. In my TT newbie ignorance I thought that being guided by the grid workers was standard procedure. But IIRC we (Texas region) were told in a previous board discussion NOT to expect that every time and that the driver was responsible for getting their grid spot.

So if I can use this app to quickly get my grid spot for the next session that would be fantastic and worth the $10.

Guys, we will be releasing another update to the MYLAPS Buddy for iPhone & Android application shortly that has sort by class and overall. This is something that we should have 'banged' out earlier, but we are working on a few big items that we think will be pretty awesome.

• 4 months later...

I worked the grid at the last Road America Nasa event of 2011. Every time someone stopped at the first grid worker to ask for there position it held up the entire gridding process and was a huge waste of time. Race gridding got fubared when classes only knew there position within the class and not the grid number. One of the spec classes that isn't e30 ended up splitting the miata field because the leader gridded to far back.

I would be interested in an App that duplicated the DisplayIT module. I should be instructing this year so I don't plan on being a grid worker again.

• 1 year later...
Guys, we will be releasing another update to the MYLAPS Buddy for iPhone & Android application shortly that has sort by class and overall. This is something that we should have 'banged' out earlier, but we are working on a few big items that we think will be pretty awesome.

What is the status of your app since Mylaps crapped up their site?

My app no longer works. It was great!!

• 4 months later...

What is the status of your app since Mylaps crapped up their site?

My app no longer works. It was great!!

??