Parking at Road Atlanta

jswenk

Did someone say PARKING at Road Atlanta.........

Fc

You would have been proud of the parking at VIR last weekend

Loaded Goat

Did I not see that the gate won't be open until 5:30 on friday? I hope that aint right or there will be one big clusterf*#k in the parking lot on friday.

Did I not see that the gate won't be open until 5:30 on friday? I hope that aint right or there will be one big clusterf*#k in the parking lot on friday.

Welcome to 2005. If you weren't there in the "old days," you missed an extremely exciting chapter of paddock parking. I saw more lost tempers and cuss fights over parking at Road Atlanta during that time than you could see at a European soccer match.

Welcome to 2005. If you weren't there in the "old days," you missed an extremely exciting chapter of paddock parking. I saw more lost tempers and cuss fights over parking at Road Atlanta during that time than you could see at a European soccer match.

Kind of like the hot tub in the BPK trailer park on Friday nights? Maybe if there were more bikinis the tempers would be cooled...but the thought of Fred topless in a bikini makes me lose all focus

Kind of like the hot tub in the BPK trailer park on Friday nights? Maybe if there were more bikinis the tempers would be cooled...but the thought of Fred topless in a bikini makes me lose all focus

You should see him bottomless. It'll make you swear off sex...or at least sex preceded with a lot of alcohol.

kbrew8991

Its a track thing - I'm sure Jim would prefer to let people trickle in instead of trying to orchestrate the controlled chaos of an Oklahoma land rush

Firebird Man

It's weird. The track, the race, the speed, T-1, T-12, none of that bothers me. The only thing that makes me anxious about running Road Atlanta is the paddock parking.

To many rigs taking up way to much room, not being considerate of others needing space, power, etc...

We all pay the same and we're all there for the same reason.

First come first serve isn't a blank check. Leave some space.

^ I completely agree. In June, I spent 45 minutes rolling through the paddock and being told 6 times that I could not park in certain spots because this car is here, some person is supposed to be there, or people coming back from the enduro when their trailer and tow rig took up enough space for 3 cars. I just hope those with the large rigs will be more considerate of us newbies that only need enough space to park the track car.

Firebird Man

Fred,

Does your computer ping you like an incoming email when the RA parking subject comes up.

It is what it is, but not sure why it can't be addressed. A few "laws of the land" handed down by our fearless leader would do wonders.

The power of suggestion doesn't seem to work.

• Members

In the past we would have folks at the paddock entrance directing people based on the paddock map. If everyone who has an open trailer parks them outside the paddock areas in the designated open trailer parking areas we should have plenty of room. We even parked the NASA rig up close to the tower to allow more room in June.

The alternative is we can start selling choice spots near the power poles like we sell garages at Charlotte.

Firebird Man

My simple yet humble suggestion is this.

You can only take what you need, you cannot reserve spots. Period!

First come, first serve.

drivinhardz06

I'm just gonna work out of my AC shop, leave for grid 5 mins ealier, and have my student pick me up at my mailbox

Loaded Goat

I have a great idea! If everyone with an" enclosed" trailer would park outside, then we would have plenty of room!

I'm just gonna work out of my AC shop, leave for grid 5 mins ealier, and have my student pick me up at my mailbox

Sad part is your not kidding...

We were talking about this at VIR last weekend - when I started back in this in Jan 2002 many people drove to the track and ran on street tires, some pulled a tire trailer, a few pulled an open trailer and there were a smattering of enclosed trailers. Once in a while the "big boys" would show up with big rig.

Now a DE1 student will show up in a Renegade with a monster trailer and 6 support vehicles - the increase steps up from there. The amount of space occupied in the paddock per car on track has increased exponentially. It is reasonable to be able to park your car, trailer and tow vehicle in the paddock - some setups have far more square footage then the BPK Trailer and Amusment Park.

The entry in June seemed pretty orderly. Rigs and cars lined up throughout the afternoon and proceded into RA in single file....all relatively cordial. After the inital land rush of parking is when it gets goofy....

Firebird Man
After the inital land rush of parking is when it gets goofy....

I don't know. I got there pretty early Friday in June, but some must have shown up early am or Thursday evening and I never saw them until Saturday morning.

I agree with Jim, there's plenty of room, but only "if" people take only what they need.

Don't park long ways on the back rows. One RV and Trailer pulled in that way takes 60'-80' of space.

In June I parked the tow SUV out of the way and only used 20' for car and trailer.

Two rigs that got there long before I did parked near me on the back row, they pulled in long ways and took well over 100' between them. One of them I didn't see at the track until Saturday and they were supposed to be in DE.

Yeah, your pit looks cool and you enjoyed "lots" of room, but you took way more than needed which made the parking problem worse.

If you have a long rig pull in the center lanes straight through.

RA on the paddock side is very limited on space, please be courteous and take only what you need. Think about your pit set up and how it effects others.